The Things A's Say

Old 10-09-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Things A's Say

STBXAH.....

He has now resorted to transferring his beer from CAN to styofoam cup (32 oz). I saw the quart o beer yesterday. Called him on it. His response?

"I was trying to respect your wishes and not drink beer in front of you."

Oh, what is that in the cup then? Does beer magically transform itself into another liquid when it's transferred from can to another container? Please tell me the secret behind this, I really want to know!

But wait folks! It gets better!

'I am not drinking in front of the kids. But if the kids come here, they don't see beer cans."

We have temporary orders. NO drinking in front of the kids. OIC!!! You don't want the kids to SEE the beer cans, because you will get in trouble!!!

So, since I'm not drinking beer from a beer can, and I'm drinking from a cup then I'm not really drinking.

Yeah, lawyer's back on alert.

What a genius STBXAH is! He's just all kinds of special!! I wish I could be so smart!! Dumber than a bucket of fart, my friend would say.

What other wonderful things do your A's come up with?

Sue
Old 10-09-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

My exabf supposedly was drinking Mountain Dew, it was green and in a clear plastic cup,
however, i could tell by his big mouth that he was drinking alcohol. It wasn't MD, it was some crap called Tilt, beer loaded with caffine. It made him elnutzo.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I caught my ABF drinking a five in one bourbon drink 3 hours before he was going to work. I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I'm trying to wake up."
Old 10-09-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"What else am I supposed to do?"
It's my fault he's drinking because I'm not entertaining him, and there's apparently nothing else on the planet to do.

"You said I could smoke in your car"
I let him do it once while driving him somewhere, but repeatedly told him I didn't want anyone regularly smoking in my car and he'd promised several times not to do it again. Even stopped for weeks.

"You just don't want to be with anyone, and you are using this as an excuse."
When I told him I couldn't date him any longer because of his drinking and how stressful it is for me.

"I didn't drive while drinking in your car. I poured a small glass of rum and downed it before I got in the car."

"I spent all of it on you!" When I asked him where all his money continues to go. Absolutely not true.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I see why he is a STBXAH,

Hugs, one day you won´t have to deal with his denial. Good for you for moving forward!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is a great thread - A logic is an amazing thing to behold.
My favourite AH statement:

"I switched from drinking beer to drinking whisky because the beer was making me fat."
Old 10-10-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Honestly, mine outfoxed and flummoxed me so many times. cunning, baffling and powerful. He managed to convince himself too!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My wife bought fruit drinks and poured wine into the bottles which really effectively masked the smell. Her favorite was orange Gatorade, but anything with a bottle and colored liquid worked. Slurpies worked nicely in the summer for her too.

In a pinch she just used Nalgene bottles and said it was water.

She, however, isn't dumb. She's an alcoholic who does and says incredible dumb things when she's drunk or drinking.

Now that she's in a lengthy period of sobriety we laugh together about how she used to think she was getting away with it when my daughter and I knew the whole time.

Cyranoak
Old 10-10-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

STBXAH: I swear I won't lie anymore
ME (after he's been caught in a lie not 5 min after the above speech): What about what you just said about not lying?
STBXAH: It's not a lie unless I'm intentionally trying to deceive you.

Hmmmm. Still scratching my head about that one.

And today,

STBXAH: You're being really accomodating/kind thank you
ME: Sure
1 hr later
ME: I tried to be accomodating bc I could and I thought it was best for the girls
STBAH: Don't twist your arm patting yourself on the back-- you have never been accomodating a day in your life
ME: hung up phone and unplugged it- still unplugged 8 hrs later.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Trust me, there's more stupid where that came from. TI've been married to him for 15 years. I could write a novel. That was only Saturday night's genius statement.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

AM 'I am not drinking, I resent you say that I'm drinking' (whilst Slurring)

AM 'I only drank a little bit so it's not like I'm really drinking' after finding a badly hid empty bottle of Vodka
Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Me 'what's this empty cider, wine, vodka bottle?'
R ' I found it outside so I put it in the litter/recycling.'
Old 10-11-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

"I'm sorry." Officially, now, my two least favorite words in the english language. So completely meaningless when they're followed by nothing but the same behaviors being apologized for. Yuck.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

'I'm not drunk I'm tired and I'm not very well, I'm waiting to go to bed'
Old 10-13-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gbz View Post
Yes well my AH attempted to explain his morning whisky drink was from a while ago. Except the ice was not melted and We don't live in the artic. This really happened I left the next day.
I once found a cold twelve pack, outside in the 97 degree Carolina sunshine. Not only had it stayed cold all night, he decided not to drink it and put it in the bin. Lmao
Old 10-13-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

One that I loved:

"I'm not 'drinking' I am enjoying an adult beverage. It is a totally different thing."

Duh....ok....
Old 10-14-2011, 07:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Here's the latest: A says "Why are you serving dinner at 6:30 pm? You know as soon as I eat that I have to go to bed! You must be trying to get me out of your way!"

Sure... that must be it!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My ABF says he doesn't have a drinking problem because "it's only beer".

Or how about, I only had "three beers" I don't understand why you are upset
(Yeah, but they are 32 oz. bottles)

or, "I don't drink EVERY day"
(Excuse the hell out of me, you have managed to be sober about 2 weeks in 2 years).

All I can say is STBXBF!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

or....

"I used to drink whisky back when I was in the Navy. Now I drink beer so I'm not an alcoholic."
Old 10-14-2011, 11:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Lol!

Originally Posted by LivingLife4Me View Post
STBXAH.....

He has now resorted to transferring his beer from CAN to styofoam cup (32 oz). I saw the quart o beer yesterday. Called him on it. His response?

"I was trying to respect your wishes and not drink beer in front of you."

Oh, what is that in the cup then? Does beer magically transform itself into another liquid when it's transferred from can to another container? Please tell me the secret behind this, I really want to know!

But wait folks! It gets better!

'I am not drinking in front of the kids. But if the kids come here, they don't see beer cans."

We have temporary orders. NO drinking in front of the kids. OIC!!! You don't want the kids to SEE the beer cans, because you will get in trouble!!!

So, since I'm not drinking beer from a beer can, and I'm drinking from a cup then I'm not really drinking.

Yeah, lawyer's back on alert.

What a genius STBXAH is! He's just all kinds of special!! I wish I could be so smart!! Dumber than a bucket of fart, my friend would say.

What other wonderful things do your A's come up with?

Sue

LOl..mine has come up with all kind of dumb as dirt answers. Looks at me like a deer in headlights when he is trying to think of something to say about his drinking. He usually will sit on the patio outside and drink so i don't see him doing it..like that makes it ok DUH! Puts black bags over the cans..so i won't see em..who does he think he is fooling? ONLY HIM! Pitiful if you ask me UGH!