alcoholics and drug addicts

Old 10-09-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

alcoholics and drug addicts

I have so many alcoholics and addicts in my life. It is so difficult. Even the sober people who arent addicts or alcholics are liars and mean people. Not all of them of course. I give my life up to God every day and try to do God's will the best I can but it is so hard, I am in so much emotional pain. Today is a really hard day. So sad.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, sounds like you need to make some big changes. Sending you strength.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are hurting.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, I am trying to take control. My sister who has been very abusive and lies and tell lies about me (not an A) has invited my alcoholic brother, recovering meth addict daughter, her not so recovering addict fiance, 3 kids, me , alcoholic not in recovery husband, partier son, rx addicted sister, and semi alcoholic mom to her house for Christmas. Last time I stayed there she was abusive to me , made up lies about me and told me I was not allowed in her house again. I did not do anything wrong I swear and my dad was on my side and he believes me but he has now died and in heaven. So there is no way I am going there again. I try to get along with my sister because I am a nice person. My stepdaughter *recovering meth addict said she thought we were fine because we skyped. I am like yes um , I will no longer be in that house , I forgive but will never forget. My mom told me you need to forgive, I told her I do but I will never forget (why would I ever in my right mind go there again.?) so she said I should have pity on my sister. My mom has always taken my sisters side. I am just really sad that once again have not done anything wrong but look like the bad guy because I want to be safe and not abused. so sad.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Be gracious and thank her for the invitation and let her know that you have other plans for the holidays and wish them well.

Sounds like they will buzz about this for awhile. So be it. Not your problem.