Movies that give you inspiration

Old 12-03-2003, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Movies that give you inspiration

I watched two of them over the holiday weekend.
"The Shawshank Redemption" was one. That movie is all about hope in the face of terrible adversity.
"Men of Honor" is the other. Navy Diver Carl Brashear is my hero. His determination and guts are an inspiration to me every time I watch that movie.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 12-03-2003, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My all time favourite movie, that inspires me to treasure my friendships, is Steel Magnolias. I could watch that movie a hundred times.

And Chevy Chases in Christmas Vacation inspires me to laugh and laugh and to not take the headaches of Christmas too seriously.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

The movie that lifts me up when I am feeling down and makes me laugh when I want to cry is Miss Congenialty. She is such a screw up, but then catches the bad guys and gets the one she loves.
Benae
Old 12-04-2003, 04:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

The one movie which I really loved and completely identified with is 'When a Man Loves a Woman' with Meg Ryan playing the alcoholic wife and mother, and Andy Garcia as her husband. I cried almost all the way through.

I also like My Name is Bill W, which is the story of Bill W and Bob's founding of AA.

Champion is another favourite of mine, the story of top British jockey Bob Champion's fight against cancer who came back to win the Grand National in 1981 on Aldiniti. John Hurt played Bob Champion.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

My Favorite Movie/s

Harold & Maude. Maude teaches Harold how to LIVE! I love the music of Cat Stevens which plays throughout the movie. It is a classic! I also love "Stuntman" with Peter O'Toole. Gatsby, too. I go to Gatsby's parties and just enjoy myself - very much. Thanks for this idea of sharing.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The new movie "Love Actually" was excellent. I have seen it twice already. There is a lot of hope and laughs in the move that Love Actually Is!

I also love Steel Magnolias, I must have seen it 50 times. Everytime I come across it I watch it again.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

"Return to Me" w/ David Dukovny and Minnie Driver.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"The Straight Story."

Doesn't get much better than that one, and it's a true story, too.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

I always like a good laugh so I picked up Jim Carrey's "Almighty Bruce." I was suprised to find a profound message in it (among the laughs) and how much it reminded me of my struggle with my A and the disease. If he only he could see what he has, and stop living in the past, or the future he thinks he deserves...

Bruce Almighty is about the grace that abounds in our lives when we open our hearts. The message was delivered via Jim Carrey's selfishness and his toxic use of power, to his questioning and realization of what is really important to him, to his movement into a selfless way of living.

He's supposed to be coming out w/ another movie whereby you can go to the doctor and have painful memories removed. Imagine what kind of a world we would live in if you could actually do this!