What Nice Thing(s) Did You Do For Yourself Today?

Old 10-01-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What Nice Thing(s) Did You Do For Yourself Today?

I planted a garden today and yesterday and also treated myself to a frappacino . . .Did you do anything nice for yourself today?

I posted a pic of my garden as an attachment, but I don't know what I am doing, so we will see if it worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_6485.JPG (91.3 KB, 91 views)
Old 10-01-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ok, it worked. Cool. So here is an herb garden I created:
Attached Images
IMG_6486.JPG (71.3 KB, 88 views)
Old 10-01-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

Very lovely garden. I am so jealous. I can't seem to keep any plant alive. Every house plant that I have had in the past I end up killing somehow, with the exception of the one and only live greenery that I received from my husband's grandmother’s wake that I have yet to kill. --If it isn't meowing, barking, or in some fashion keeping my attention I mostly will completely forget to water them, or my dedication is lost after about ten minutes of standing outside in this heat with the water hose. My parents have a beautiful yard full of plants, but because of the Texas heat they have to water three times a day. Too much for me; I’ll go back inside where it is cool. LOL! I am completely jealous, however, of the folks that can keep up the dedication to maintain a garden, because the benefits a so gorgeous and peaceful.

I am at work today; I work a twelve hour shift. I won’t have to much time for myself today before having to do it over again tomorrow, but I did get to enjoy a gourmet coffee today. It was really yummy. Later on I plan on going onto my Photoshop program and playing with some photo editing. I just recently installed Photoshop onto my computer, and I have been having a blast editing photos in particular making a black and white photo with splashes of colors.

The picture attached below was one of the first projects.
Attached Images
B&W Hands on Flowers.JPG (22.3 KB, 83 views)
Old 10-01-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a great thing to do!!! I'm jealous ... wish I had a cute little backyard like yours!

Well, I think I will go out dancing tonight! That's my thing for the day. Thanks for the reminder that we need to do one thing for ourselves every day!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I planted a new flowerbed and drew two portraits! Fun times. :P
Old 10-01-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's so great to hear about the good and creative things people are doing every day. Happiness is in appreciating the small things, the good things . . .

Why is it still so hot in Texas, I wonder? Love your project! Love hearing about the others and the fun people are having.

My TIVO is acting up so I have been watching TV on Netflix. I got addicted (guess that is funny being that I am posting on this board) to "Switched at Birth." I have watched ten episodes within the last few days. It is somehow deeply satisfying to me because it's about families and I have a thing for families and I like the actors and the photography. The houses are cool too - I like seeing how other people live and looking at kitchens and room layouts and interior design . . .
Old 10-01-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I got a pedicure today with a fun, bright polish on my toes. My girlfriend works at a salon and did the pedicure, so we also got to catch up with each other.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I got a Large Dairy Queen!
I am watching Project Runway reruns
And good idea, the nails ! I bought pink nail polish. Manicure night
Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh yeah! I did my nails too! Orange (for Halloween) with gold crackle on top! Yay!

Plus! I'm moments away from taking my first "training run" for a 5k. Double Yay!

Love this thread. We are all awesome! (Even if we're the only ones who know it! :P)
Old 10-01-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I listened to myself and though I got up, I went back to bed and cuddled with my dogs.

I did my meditation training even though I did not want to.

I met with my study group (which I had to), but I was honest with them about being off today and why. I was really nourished by their support and our interactions.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Because the snow is quickly moving down the mountains in my neck of the woods, I bought two new pairs of super cute ankle boots. I love that they are now being made with snow-worthy soles!

And I finished the desk I have been refinishing for my Mom. Get to deliver and set it up today - she is going to be so pleased!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I slept in until 11:30 today and it was glorious! I was up early, let the dogs out, decided I was going back to bed, and I did!

I plan an afternoon on the sofa watching football and dozing off and on...
Old 10-02-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

Tonight sounds like a Netflix night (thanks Seek for the suggestion). I’m off work tomorrow, so I can make a night of it.

This summer in the area of Texas that I am in was brutal. 100 degree days for months with no rain. Just this past week it has started to get cooler, I guess its gearing up for the upcoming winter season. I think it's only supposed to get up to 91 degrees today with a cool breeze, and cooler nights are ahead. I look forward to being able to utilize my back patio for a relaxing evening without becoming drenched in sweat.

I think I’ll go get my toes done in Halloween colors sometime this week. Keep up all the good suggestions!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
July 8, 2011

sleep in!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's so great hearing how other people chill out and/or take care of themselves. My day started stressful . . .a favorite cat was missing . . .went to the Humane Society, came home and made flyers and plastered them all over town. Prayed and asked angels for help and when I got home asked that he be there, AND HE WAS!!! Yay. So spent the rest of the day nurturing my animals and being grateful.

Am watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix. The entire first series seems to be on there . . . loving Netflix!!! One of my cats is purring on me right now . . . it is so nice to have loving animals . . .

I would love to see pics of the Halloween nails . . .that sounds fun. I am definitely going to get a mani/pedi soon - not sure of colors but I love sparkles!!!

My garden is doing great and I am thinking of more enhancements . . .

Thanks, everyone!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I went apple picking with my niece and went to church.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It's been really cold out the last couple days so I treated myself to an extra long extra hot shower, it felt sooo good!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I started reading The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans. In a word... Amazing. I get it. I see my marriage in plain sight now. All the crap... Finally makes sense.

I am feeling so much relief and strength lately.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Friday night high school football game My youngest daughter is a varsity cheerleader!

Saturday worked - wrote up an offer on a house for a client - wish me luck.

Kids had a sleepover Saturday night - that NEVER happened when we were still with stbxah.

Slept late Sunday and worked on my yard pulling weeds. The rainy season is finally coming to an end! YAY

We decorated our house with cheesy halloween decorations and watched football, ate junk food and ended this wonderful weekend with a new episode of Desperate Hosewives.

I kept thinking... Wow, they (all of my new SR friends) were right! It DOES get better. Thanks to all of you. I can't wait to see what today brings.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sat. - slept in while kids were off doing kids things...and RAH took youngest out for breakfast for some one on one time (I got an invite but declined to sleep in!)

Sun- did very little. Did run a few errands with RAH. He offered to drive. I hate to drive. Stopped at 3 different stores for me looking for something. they were all out...and when I got frustrated..reminded me...pray. Stay calm. Is this important?

Mon- Al-anon! Good meeting.