Then and Now: One Year Later

Old 09-30-2011, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Skipper

Then and Now: One Year Later

Thank you SR friends for hanging with me this past year. What a ride!

Then: I came here hopeless, helpless, desperate for answers, not knowing what to do. It was one day after my birthday, and my live-in boyfriend of 10 years, the only father my child has known, could not handle a birthday gift, card, or a celebration for me while he was worried about how he was going to have his bottle available to get through his days. I knew then we were in trouble as a couple, a family, and individuals. I was on Codie Alert and he was sinking before my eyes.

You educated me. You convicted me when I needed it. You comforted me. You gave me some tools to find some hope.

Now: It's one year later. My boyfriend is recovering approximately 1,500 miles away. We are still in contact. He is doing very well. The most important part is this: I have left what he needs to do to him and our HP. I am focusing on what I need to do and my HP.

My son and I are thriving in school. While finances are still tough for us, we have learned to see what the day has in store for us. I have worked on my anxiety. There is peace in my home. We live healthy. We have spirituality in our lives. We have been able to experience blessings and really, really experience them!

I don't know if/when my boyfriend and I will be together again. I am patient for that day, if it's meant to be. I trust in my HP to provide the way.

Thank you.

I'm not leaving here. I just wanted to give a Then and Now story.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome!