Definitely no more deniying it

Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Definitely no more deniying it

I noticed AW's hand's shaking yesterday morning. When I got home from work noticed vodka & gin bottles were lighter. When she got home from work I again noticed the shaking. After vodka, no more shaking. I guess it's not really a surprise but ignorance is bliss right? Guess I'll put this on the pile of other giant red flags. I know, 3 C's & all that but damn, I didn't need another tell tale sign in my face. Oh boy.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Alcoholism is progressive.

It does get worse.

Did you know there are 3 A's of recovery for us as family of alcoholics?

Awareness
Acceptance
Action

Do you think this visible sign of addiction is your Awareness stage?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi OhBoy!

Originally Posted by OhBoy View Post
I know, 3 C's & all that but damn, I didn't need another tell tale sign in my face. Oh boy.
Perhaps this is what you need to finally fully accept the facts of your wife's drinking. I don't know.....

Question becomes, what are you willing to live with? Something I've had to ask myself over and over again regarding my stepson.

Hugs, HG
Old 09-28-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think it may be more towards the end of the awareness on my way to acceptance. Guess I'm getting tired of waiting for the next sign, the next one surely won't prove it any more than all the others already have. Tired of each new sign knocking me down as they come along. Time to move along, thank you for the 3 A reminder.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OhBoy, I know what you mean and wanting something to sort of knock you upside the head and tell you to take action. In my experience, that cosmic bitch-slap came from within suddenly one day, I reached my own bottom, and could not take one more intoxicated evening. I took action that day, it surprised me to some degree, but all in one fell swoop I was living alone. That has freed me up to work on the acceptance part, which I could not do when living with my drunken AH.

Hugs to you. Focus on being healthy and when the time is right, you will know what has to happen.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoaringSpirits View Post
OhBoy, I know what you mean and wanting something to sort of knock you upside the head and tell you to take action. In my experience, that cosmic bitch-slap came from within suddenly one day, I reached my own bottom, and could not take one more intoxicated evening. I took action that day, it surprised me to some degree, but all in one fell swoop I was living alone. That has freed me up to work on the acceptance part, which I could not do when living with my drunken AH.

Hugs to you. Focus on being healthy and when the time is right, you will know what has to happen.
My bitch-slap day came the night he decided to physically abuse me (for the LAST time). He's out of the house now, and the 'acceptance' part is slow in coming.

Sue
Old 09-29-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Now that you are no longer in denial, what are your next steps?

Cyranoak

P.s. What you have described is a sign of advanced, long-term alcoholism.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What to do now.................That's been what i've been struggling with. I've been looking at if I can financially do it on my own. I've also been preparing myself for being alone. At some point being alone while with an AW will be more lonely than actually being alone. Gotta work on acceptance I guess. Guess I gotta learn how.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I would strongly recommend Al-Anon as your first step.

I know it was a life saver for me.

Your friend,