Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

September 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 09-27-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

September 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

An early Al-Anon member once said:

“I tried to manage my husband’s life, although not even able to manage my own. I wanted to get inside his brain and turn the screws in what I thought was the right direction. It took me a long time to realize that this was not my job. I just wasn't equipped for it. None of us are. So I began to turn the screws in my own head in the right direction. This has taught me a little more about managing my own life.”

TODAY’S REMINDER

If my life has become unmanageable, how can I get control of it? Am I being forced into doing things I don’t want to do, like losing my temper, contriving, conniving and scheming to make things work out the way I want them? Am I now the kind of person I really want to be? An honest effort to manage my own life will open many doors to me that my distorted thinking had kept closed.

“If thou canst not make thyself such a one as thou wouldst, how canst thou expect to have another according to thy liking?” – Thomas A’Kempis