I called CPS...

Old 11-02-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Howdy folks -

Well, I just got the final call from the social worker would investigated my report. They have no choice but to conclude that the report was unfounded because it's basically my word against AH's (no proof of welts).

As I told the social worker, I'm okay with that. I'm okay with it because the whole ordeal really served a great purpose for me.

1. I learned about what I am really suppose to do should the kids/myself be subjected to abuse. I learned that it is CRITICAL to call the cops IMMEDIATELY!
2. I learned that I DO have the strength to call CPS and the process isn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be.
3. The process angered my AH and he now hates me "because I reported him."... and I learned that I didn't do anything TO him. I just took care of my son - and if he hates me, that's his issue.
4. This incident pushed our marriage over the edge - and really got me focused on my recovery and moving on with life. And for that, I am eternally grateful.
5. The run in with CPS has scared my AH... enough to get sober? Who knows. Enough to keep him from smacking the kids... for now at least.

I'm no longer living in the fog of denial. I'm clear on what I am up against (an abusive alcoholic). In that clarity comes immense strength.

Thank you all for supporting me...
Shannon
Old 11-02-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thank you for having the courage to stand up for your kids and yourself. I wish so much my Mom had been able to do that when I was growing up, and that she had been able to get support and help.

I know your future will be so much happier, more peaceful and healthy, without the AH in your life. And your children will have a much better life, too.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Gettingby...I love how you've found positive things out of your experience. Your recovery is showing
Old 11-02-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

#6. You took action that clearly demonstrated to your children (now and in the future) their worth.
#7. Taught your children by your actions what a healthy parent does when the easy thing would have been to turn a blind eye to abuse.

In addition, your posting about your experience has had to make a difference in others lives facing similar challenges, and for that I applaud you.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

am i the only one with this double post bug?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

GettingBy, I wish my mother would have had the strength to do what you did.

You are doing a great job and your recovery is shining through.

Your friend,
Old 11-02-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

As a teacher and fellow SR member I applaud you. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:50 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Thanks for the update, you are doing wonderful, keep moving forward!