OT: why did you choose the name you're using?

Old 09-22-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Kittyboo has been my nickname for years. It was before I met XA, and it will always be. It has no meaning to it all that has to do with what I have been through in relation to him.
It is just all me.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

This is a fun thread.

When I joined last year I was trying to capture how great I felt after 8 months passed that my AH was out of the house and I had started laughing and having fun with my kids, dancing around the kitchen with my 10 yo DS compared to when my head was spinning with what literature was saying about the dance that happens in the alcoholic family and the resentment I had that for 6 years I couldn't get my AH to take a dance class with me because of his drinking. (I know not a big deal but I was very deep in my fantasy and denial of the real issues at the time.)

My avatar goes with my dream of dancing in the moonlight with a special someone. All the years I tried to get my AH to do that when we would spend time at the beach and it never seemed to happen. Someday I will do this and feel completely the way I want to feel whether it is by myself, with someone special or still somewhat hoping with my RAH.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Can I share? Lots of people call me Kitty, it's been a petname since I was a child. And when I first decided to get clean I found a different recovery website and I used the name Bad Kitty. After about a year clean and sober and a complete and total life change, someone suggested I change my name since I was no longer a bad kitty. So I changed it to Hello-Kitty! Cuz I felt like I was saying hello to myself for the first time. And my avatar is just one of my kitties. I have several.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I picked my sign in name by pure chance because everyone I tried was already taken. After the tenth time of thinking.. "Please go through.." then ARG!!

I said to hell with it.. got a dictionary, let it fall to the ground so it would open to the page it was destined to, and then closed my eyes and randomly chose a word.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Mine's rather obvious, I think. 24Years of marriage when I decided to come back to this forum. I have mixed feelings of feeling proud and foolish :horse that we have been married this long AND I never considered myself co-dependent; still don't. I had been on this site several years before but couldn't remember my log in (and I'm very curious what it was). I'm now separated since March and have been married 26 years. My avatar is how I live my life. Given the circumstances, it really does work well.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I had pretty violets at my wedding on the tables, and we gave them out of favors at the end of the wedding. We still have the potted violets 4 years later. And the picture is a wedding picture.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I have a little dog who is one tough girl. she fears nothing - moose, huge dogs, wolves! She's older than dirt now and still going strong...tougher than nails.

I aspire to have her attitude! Fearless tough girl.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:49 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

My favorite dog was 1/2 blue heeler and 1/2 australian shepherd also known as a australian cattle dog (the dog in mad max) and my avatar is a blue wolf.

I chose a wolf because while most people think of the wolf as a loner they are a family oriented animal, and my family or pack means more to me than anything else in the world.

Also the wolf's howl is a beautiful sad haunting song, it is a song I would sing if I could, it feels like all the pain I have ever experienced, pouring forth at the moon.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I chose my name based on "My Girl... Gracie"... she is a 75 pound, black and tan, Doberman(Dobergirl) who think she is a lap-dog! She is the light of my life and she makes me smile every day! As for the Avatar, (if it shows up when I post), it is the first blossom on my little Crape Myrtle tree... I thought it died over the winter and when it started growing and blooming it just made my Spring... I kept thinking that I was glad that I "didn't give up".
Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Umm... I like Tatertots?

And hyperbole and a half... it makes me smile

T

Sorry nothing profound here.... lol!
Old 09-23-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I used the one I use all over the internet, with slight variations for the different forums.
However for some reason on this forum I added an 'A' , I think because someone else already had Lucy.
Just to clarify, the A is the initial of my last name.
And the Lucy was my great grandmother and in retrosprect a masive inspiration.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatertot View Post
Umm... I like Tatertots?

And hyperbole and a half... it makes me smile

T

Sorry nothing profound here.... lol!

For an English girl, what is/are Tatertots?
Old 09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Lillamy is a character in a Finnish children's book. She's also my avatar. She's an irritable little wench who doesn't suffer fools easily. So I picked her to remind myself that no matter what an asshat my XAH (then AH) might be, I'm here to work on my recovery and shortcomings. Which just happen to include being an irritable little wench who doesn't suffer fools easily.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KittyCopes View Post
I chose KittyCopes because my AH calls me "kitty" as a pet name, and I thought "Don'tYouDareCallMeKittyYouDrunkenJackass" was too long.
Okay, you totally win the coulda-been name of the year!

Mine is named after my dogs, "William It Was Really Nothing" aka Jorge Miguel and J the adopted psycho puppy who means well but can't talk to strangers

We're a well-intentioned family if even we're off our rockers!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MTSlideAddict View Post
if you accidently brick the phone they will laugh at you if you try to claim it under the warranty.
eeek, nevermind

Originally Posted by LucyA View Post
For an English girl, what is/are Tatertots?
LOL, Like small round chips sort of um...

Old 09-23-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
DMC

These are the initials I was born with, and the ones I reclaimed after my divorce. I rather like my name, but being the internet and all, well, you know...
Old 09-23-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

it's why i'm here :/
Old 09-23-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I always love these threads! Mine is easy...I'm definitely imperfect, though a LOT better since I've been in recovery, and I love my kitty cats

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I am trying to put ME FIRST for once I figure if I take care of myself everything else will follow.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

My dog's name is Link, the "meister" part came when my mom nicknamed him the "Linkmeister."

When I joined SR, I was in quite a state and that name was the first one that popped into my befuddled brain.