Husband arrested for DWI on Thursday

Old 09-14-2011, 06:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Natamars, I could have wrote your post in December! I did bail my husband out of jail at 3 am and took him to court in the morning and all the running around needed to get his truck back and see an Atty. I have done very little since that time, which has forced my husband to take care of his own problems. My husband has not had a drink since. He was forced to go to counseling, lost his drivers license for a year, spent 14 days in work release jail and it has cost us around $3,000. He too has tracked all these expenses and has done some extra stuff to help replace the money spent. I am just so thankful that no one was hurt and he is no longer drinking. During this time, I have learned a lot about myself and have learned to make his problem HIS problem, and not mine. Our life is finally getting to a good place!

I am hopeful that your husband will continue not drinking and soon your life will be in a better place.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you, purpleflower and lc. It is nice to read some positive stories, although I recognize they are the exception.

AH got his hardship driver's license in court today. The judge we're delaling with is extremely strict and yelled at and lectured everyone . I'm glad - I want this to be as difficult on him as possible. He'll have to add about 2 hours a day to his commute because of the way everyhting was written - he has to use public transportation for part of it.

He's on his way to his first counseling appointment right now - he walked over 3 miles to the train and will have to walk over 3 miles from the train to the appointment, then do the same thing coming home. He could stand to lose some weight anyway. We'll see what course of treatment the counselor recommends from there, but I do believe at this point he is going to bust his a$$ to follow his attorney's direction to the letter. What may happen after that is what worries me.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Don't waste time worrying about the future. You cannot control what happens in that situation, so worrying about it is useless. I hope he continues to do the right things, and maybe he will. Ultimately, though, he's going to do whatever he's going to do. Worry never solved anything. Hang in there and focus on yourself and the kids.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by natamars View Post
but I do believe at this point he is going to bust his a$$ to follow his attorney's direction to the letter. What may happen after that is what worries me.
I wish I had a positive story for you... my AH was extremely motivated after his last DUI to do whatever he needed to do to look good to the courts. Voluntary 30 day treatment and AA and followed all the recommendations of the treatment center upon his release. The judge at the hearing commended him on all his progress ~ kudos to him!

Sadly, he was not able to maintain it and drank every opportunity he had. He tried to control it and time everything just right. What ended up happening is he got caught violating his probation so many times that he ended up just doing the full sentence.

Now, he is out free to drink as he pleases. Wish it was a happier story.

Welcome to you ~ I am glad you are here!