Quick question

Old 12-01-2003, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Responsible Girl

Quick question

Is there any other drug besides cocaine that will make someone's jaw move from side to side in what is obviously an involuntary motion? My jerk has this happen from time to time, and though I don't think he has any money to spend on cocaine, I was told by my sister in law who works in a hospital that cocaine and ecstasy are the only two things she's ever seen that happen as a result of. But of course, I know nothing, she knows nothing, and he's not high. Or, he just smoked a joint. But that doesn't happen all the time when he smokes pot, so I think he's lying. Hmm, him lying, what an absurd concept. (Sarcasm isn't becoming, I know, just very tempting.) Anybody know what I'm talking about?
Old 12-01-2003, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mindy, My ex smoked crack cocain,and
it always made him act the same way.(the jaw thing)Thats the only drug I have heard of that acts in that way.
There might be more.....Im surely not the expert.
There are probably others who could be more helpful.
Good luck.Have a great evening.
Betty
Old 12-01-2003, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mindy

I don't have any answers, maybe someone else will, but I wondered why you need to know. Is it because you suspect he is using and need to confirm it, because if that is the reason his actions will speak louder than any jerking jaw. My son is a crack addict and I have never seen his jaw move like that, but maybe it affects each person differently.

What will you do with the information when you get it? Will this information serve any useful purpose?

Honey, if he is using then he is using and if he is not then he is not. There is nothing you can do to change that. We all played drug detective, we all had "our ways" of being able to tell, and in the end it didn't mean diddly squat.

All we can do is look after ourselves and work a program that is about us and learn to live happy, healthy lives, regardless of how they are doing. You too can find peace where there has been chaos.

If you haven't already attended meetings, give yourself a wonderful gift and go.

And know that we are here to share with any time you want and that we care.

Hugs
Ann
Old 12-01-2003, 10:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

I agree with Ann. Give yourself a holiday gift and find a meeting if you dont already have a group. Al Anon was (and is) the best and nicest thing I have ever done for myself !1

Hugs
Barb