OT Need more hugs... definitely not my week...

Old 09-07-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

OT Need more hugs... definitely not my week...

So yesterday I told the landlord I was leaving by the end of October. The rent was going to be too high next year.

She told me she was happy with me and if it was due to money that I could keep paying the same fee.

I said "No thanks I already made an arrangement with someone else".

I had already agreed to live with a roomie. We even saw the house and made some plans. (Fortunately I hadn't paid anything). She said cats were not an issue and she was not allergic, had a cat before...

Today she tells me she is indeed allergic so, we won't be able to move together after all.

I should have known not to say anything until I had already moved. Now the landlord said they had already advertised the place and a teacher is interested. I am ashamed to ask her if I can stay after all. And to think she insisted so many times now I feel like an idiot.

On the other hand, Thank God I have a friend who will rent her house for the same price. Advantage: I would be by myself and the cats. Disadvantage: it is far away in a bad area (although it has security).

I am trying to think I really need to rent a cheaper place otherwise I will never

1 save for my own home someday
2 save to get my degree

And that the new place will be temporary, the owner is a good friend so we won't have issues....

But ahh do I feel like an idiot.
I know others have real issues but if you got more hugs... they are welcome.

PS Another option is to move with mom and then I would save way more but I am not so sure. Although if we are talking about the future and the grand scheme, that would also be a temporary arrangement while I save enough for my studies (1-2 years)
Old 09-07-2011, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Big hugs. Trust that everything will work out.
The situation you have sounds good, and since moving out isn't going to create a problem, you can always reassess.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Could it be that God has greater plans for me?

After all this is a nice area, everything perfect but I am broke and would continue to be broke.

It seems lately I need to trust HP taking me to better places, dealing through changes but I am not having an ounce of faith. I believe everyone and everything is working against me. Talk about paranoid.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ask anyway! The worst that will happen is she will say no. I think a landlord would rather keep a tenant they know than take a chance with one they don't--teacher or not. You never know if you don't ask. This is life testing you TC. Don't be afraid to take a chance. I hope it works out for you, either way.

L
Old 09-07-2011, 10:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Gosh with some distance on a concern like this it is amazing to me how easy it types off my keyboard.

I just know it will work out for you in the best possible way.

I think that I need to write that on my fridge for myself.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

lots of hugs, TakingCharge. Again ditto LaTeeDa - I dont see any harm in asking your landlord if you could stay back afterall..
Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

TakingCharge from what I can tell you are truly awesome. Not only will I give you hugs I will snuggle both of your cats into a deep, purring, hypnotic sleep.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Present

I agree with everyone. HUGS!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks SR friends you are the best,

I can see how moving can be depressing (after all here its like living with a family and I like them) I would certainly feel more alone.

But what I would save in two years by moving is roughly my round trip airplane ticket to Sweden. If I get my scholarship I might be able to leave in 2 or 3 years... 32 is not too old for a masters degree right...?

Well, I 'll let HP worry about my future, while I am going to sleep.
((Hugs back))
Old 09-08-2011, 04:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hugs
Old 09-08-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

let me see -why yes I do happen to have a . . .

wait Yes ma'am here they are .
a big extra dose of PINK HUGS
for YOU!

sometimes we are moved out of our comfort zone because we need to be moved, sometimes we are just shuffled around to work out some kinks in the road, sometimes we are just pushed to see if we can still ASK for help - I'm not sure what the situation is for you - but I'll bet your HP knows exactly what you need - I'll pray for you to have clarity about what is best for you!

look - well here it is again - MORE PINK HUGS!
Rita