Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

September 7 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

September 7 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

We do not come to Al-Anon – or should not – to look for pity. We should not expect the other members to assure us that our resentments are justified or that we ought to take aggressive action. Indeed, we learn to resist aggression from others by maintaining our dignity and poise. In short, what the Al-Anon program does for us, through its members, is to help us change the way we look at our family problems.

If I complain about something “he” did, somebody may point out that I seem too determined. (I will not even take it amiss if the word is “stubborn”!) When I reveal that I am checking up on his activities, I may be told that my interference won’t help matters, but will keep me from growing.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Al-Anon meetings and friendships can be inspiring, interesting, enlightening, and even fun. But they are also dedicated to the serious business of making me into a confident, spiritually oriented adult human being. If that is what I want, I will listen with an open mind, accept suggestions and put to good use what I learn.

“I pray to let nothing stand in the way of my being receptive to what Al-Anon has to offer.”