The job

Old 09-03-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The job

On to a better subject.

Although the job is physically grueling due to rote work in a rather un-ergonomic chair all day, I absolutely love the atmosphere and the people.

It's a huge medical center, and each morning I have to walk through several connected buildings to get to Health Information, and I find the majority of the dozens of people I pass each day to be friendly and upbeat.

The gals and guys in my department are fabulous. There is enough joking around to provide laughter each day, and everyone has been so helpful in me learning the ropes.

Because the hospital is converting to electronic health records in November, the lion's share of employees will be out of a job as they are not degreed HIT's as I am, and the coders (and some of the transcriptionists) there.

I am hoping this is a plus in me having longer term employment, even though it's through a temp agency.

I have to watch my hours as I can't afford to lose my medical benefits through disability, but this helps as I could not do the current job duties 40 hours a week with my disabilities. I'm pretty stoked up in the back by shift's end. I did order an orthopedic cushion to sit on and a lumbar cushion for my back like the ones that I have at home, so that will help.

It's good to feel "useful" out in the workforce once again, and I look forward to each new day at work!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Now thats a better attitude today...lol

Sounds like a good night sleep did you well.... HUGS!!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

I'm glad you are liking your job. It sounds like a very positive place to work.

I work at a hospital as an operator/information representative, and I work closely with the Health Information staff. Actually, one day I would like to work in the HIM department. It’s kind of neat that we have those similarities.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds like a fun place to work at and its great that you are enjoying your job! Hope this turns out into long term employment for you!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just to give you an idea of where I work, here's a picture. Of course it doesn't show the entire complex, but you get the idea.