I start work tomorrow!

Old 08-31-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I love it when a plan comes together. Congratulations!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

OMG!! Congratulations, Freedom!!! You are the best.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

wahoooooooooo!!

I'll put on my dancing shoes & join you!

PINK HUGS & congrats !
Rita
Old 08-31-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I have no idea what you will be doing, but I'm thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Nope, I understand completely...(psst. I'm a surgical admin..but I don't work for the hospital, I work for the med. school which works in conjunction with the hospital..I have responsibility for the CC and surgery older med students)

i hope you enjoy it...at least you will not be bored....our scrubs are dark navy for the Attendings and green for surgery and OB-gyn residents and baby- blue for medicine. the torquise are for the neighboring hospital...did you know it is a big faux pas to wear different hospital colors at other hospitals???

congrats on your job! Medicine/heath care is one of the few spots that is currently thriving. you will do great...but the fur-children will be lonely???
Health information may wear turquoise scrubs, which I ordered two pair, and a new pair of white Crocs!

Amber will be doing double duty over lunch hour to get my crew pottied, fed, pottied again, and then crated up. Likely I will be working Mon, Wed, and Fri once I'm on a set schedule! So they still get 4 days out of 7 with me.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am so excited for you DeVon!

Have an awesome day tomorrow!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of you and make sure you eat a good breakfast!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I imagine they will also find other areas they can use me in. They are converting to electronic health records the 9th of November, and then all the old paper-based records have to be scanned.

Methinks that is job security for awhile.
Definitely! I did this for the veterinarian I was working for and while the scanning part is quick and easy, the attaching files etc takes forever!

lots of job security!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

definitely scanning will take a lot of time....our clinical areas have been at it for 2 years! they hire college students in addition to regular secretaries and MSAs all summer to help out because there is so much to do....my clairvoyant powers tell me you will soon be working more than the 3 days

I have crocs too....pink, brown with purple fur inserts for the winter, and they also come in high heels...they are very comfy but hide them from the dogs..mine loves to chew them. (hint: they have very good sales at certain times, you can get them for $12.00 a pair with free shipping)

i'm very happy for you!!! and you have a dog-sitter!...my little Sammy waits in the florida room all day..I won't let him loose with the 3 cats...i would come home to crashandburn.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
definitely scanning will take a lot of time....our clinical areas have been at it for 2 years! they hire college students in addition to regular secretaries and MSAs all summer to help out because there is so much to do....my clairvoyant powers tell me you will soon be working more than the 3 days

I have crocs too....pink, brown with purple fur inserts for the winter, and they also come in high heels...they are very comfy but hide them from the dogs..mine loves to chew them. (hint: they have very good sales at certain times, you can get them for $12.00 a pair with free shipping)

i'm very happy for you!!! and you have a dog-sitter!...my little Sammy waits in the florida room all day..I won't let him loose with the 3 cats...i would come home to crashandburn.
I've had Crocs before and the dogs left teeth marks in them so guaranteed these new ones will be put way up out of reach.

Yes, with the cats that I have, leaving 6 dogs loose is not an option! My oldster is left loose in the house at 13 1/2 years old.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
so feet don't get sweaty and stinky in crocs???
sorry, just curious......
You wear socks with them, silly! No mine don't get sweaty and stinky. My feet always smell like roses!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
ok, so do you have yourself ready to go for tomorrow? outfit picked out, unmentionables laundered, lunch bag out on the counter with a plan for your lunch, coffee cup/travel mug, any meds you need to bring, alarm set, directions, car gassed up???
All that's left to do on that list is throw the unmentionables in the dryer, which I can't do until Amber gets over here to take her whites out of the dryer. Oh, the meds! Good call!

I stocked up on nuts for snacks, and some wheat/peanut butter crackers since I'm diabetic.

Probably wouldn't hurt to get a bit of cash out of the ATM on the way out in the morning.

I will be in rush hour traffic, but it's 6 and then 4 lane all the way once I hit Wichita.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

(((Freedom)))

I am soooo happy for you!!

All that hard work, finally comes to fruition.

Have a great day tomorrow, and I will be eager to hear how it goes.

hugs
chicory
Old 08-31-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Remember... stretch every hour, and also run your eye focus from near to far across the room. Support your forearms if doing desk type tasks. Try to walk every hour to use the large muscles of the legs and get the lymph moving so fluids don't accumulate in the legs. Range of motion on neck and shoulders and spine.

These things only take a few seconds, but your body will thank you!

Go forth, and conquer!

CLMI
Old 08-31-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on the new job DeV - and on the imminent finger bling LOL

D
Old 08-31-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You know? With all the pain and suffering here it is so very, very nice to see this. Thank you for brightening my week with this. I have followed it since the interview. I am so happy and proud of you! (even though I do not know you, hehe).

I would say good luck, but you made your own
Old 08-31-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeff63 View Post
You know? With all the pain and suffering here it is so very, very nice to see this. Thank you for brightening my week with this. I have followed it since the interview. I am so happy and proud of you! (even though I do not know you, hehe).

I would say good luck, but you made your own
Bless your heart, Jeff. Thank you so much. I never know who might be taking a gander at my postings these days.

Glad I could brighten your week. Mine almost demands sunglasses! Gads I am excited!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congratulations on the new job DeV - and on the imminent finger bling LOL

D
You can bet your bippy more finger bling IS imminent!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good luck for tomorrow, Freedom!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

(((DeVon))) - pack a BIG lunch box, because all of us will be in it (((Anvil))) will be the one dancing and crying happy tears. I'll be the one saying "this too, shall come"

Definitely need an update when you get home from work.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy