XAH Has DUI Court Today

Old 08-30-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

XAH Has DUI Court Today

At 10.30 my XAH has court for his DUI from 3 years ago. He owes about 2K in fines and to my knowledge hasn't paid any of it. I don't really give a rat's butt about him going to jail, except....

....that if he does go to jail, there goes my child support and my childcare while I work. I reckon if that happens I might have to plead with HR to let me go to days - at a $1.00 or MORE paycut. Still couldn't make enought in a 40 hour week to pay for everything, though.

Trying not to catastrophize but probably won't be sleeping much today waiting to hear what happens. Kinda worried. OK, really worried. I wish I didn't have to be so financially dependent on the CS right now. If the kids were just a little older and if the 11 year old wasn't ADD.....so many things in my life could be better at this particular moment.

Will check in later when I hear more but for right now pray for at least a favorable outcome for me.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the understandable concern in possible financial repercussions. It sure makes me grateful both daughters are grown and I no longer have to deal with child support, or the lack thereof.

It sure isn't cheap anymore for a DUI. My old sponsor's step granddaughter got popped driving drunk, and she's under-aged. All things totaled up, including the interlock device she must use for a year now and attorney fees took over 11 grand out of her college savings!