Language of Letting go - August 15th

Old 08-15-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Arrow Language of Letting go - August 15th

Leaving Room for Feelings

We need to allow enough room for others and ourselves to have and work through our feelings.

We are people, not robots. An important part of us - who we are, how we grow, how we live - is connected to our emotional center.

We have feelings, sometimes difficult ones, sometimes disruptive ones, sometimes explosive ones, that need to be worked through.

By facing and working through these feelings we and others grow. In relationships, whether it be a love relationship, a friendship, a family relationship, or a close business relationship, people need room to have and work through their feeligns.

Some call it "going through the process".

It is unreasonable to expect ourselves or others to not need time and room to work through feelings. We will be setting ourselves and our relationships up for failure if we do not allow this time and room in our life.

We need time to work through feelings. We need the space and permission to work through these feelings in the awkward, uncomfortable, sometimes messy way that people work through feelings.

This is life. This is growth. This is okay.

We can allow room for feelings. We can let people have time and permission to go through their feelings. We do not have to keep ourselves or others under such a tight rein.

While we work through our feelings, we do not have to expend unnecessary energy reacting to each feeling we or others have. We don't have to take all our feelings, and others' feelings, so seriously while we or others are in the process of working through them.

Let the feelings flow and trust where the flow is taking you.

I can set reasonable boundaries for behavior, and still leave room for a range of emotions.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

This hit home as I had a really bad weekend, if not one of the worst I've had.

I felt sad, abandoned, rejected, stupid, I was in physical and emotional pain. My therapy on Saturday was hard and exhausting. I felt very very lonely and hopeless.

Today, without conscious effort, I feel better. I feel more hopeful. I feel gratitude. I feel slightly more flexible about life. I am learning about humility. And about my own sense of entitlement.

I am learning everything, EVERYTHING, is temporary... I will have to let go of everything, of everyone, of every place and every feeling and every thought and my own life at one point.

I can't afford to be angry with life. I love life. As a codependent.. I have missed too much of it already.

I am learning my health issues are forcing me to calm down, slow down, relax. Be pampered. Be. Its ok to let life unfold. I am alive. I am complete.

I am grateful I was alone these last couple of days. I would have dragged others in my misery or drama. Today I feel more present and open to "surf" through life. Because, having a set mind of "shoulds" about life and people and places is just exhausting. It runs you down and depletes your energy.

Life is precious, my energy is precious,
Nothing externally has changed,

But today I listen classical music,
I am taking deep breaths.
I am putting some makeup and straightening my hair and using perfume.
I am looking forward to Pilates.
I am grateful for my job.
I am sending good thoughts for "every sentient being in the planet" as they say in Buddhism.
I am asking HP to keep sending light and opening my heart. I realize it has been too closed.

I am learning my knee issues, among many other things, are about distrust and not feeling safe.

My new motto these days is

"I walk safe on Earth. I can trust God."

This clarity would have never come had I been distracted with other people, TV, social events or anything else than TC999 in silence observing her feelings and thoughts.

Thanks for letting me share.