He was here again

Old 08-15-2011, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He was here again

Our son woke up from his yesterday nap with a high fever that was still there this morning so he couldn't go to school today. I took him with me to work, but came home early when it became nap time.

I was not surprised to find AH in the house. He had a great excuse for being here seeing as he didn't take anything but the clothes on his back. His 48 hrs away has not made any change in him RE recovery as far as I can tell. When I asked what he wanted he listed a decent meal and some sleep saying he hadn't slept in two days.

It is good to see him, and see that he isn't totally wasted. There is a huge part of me acking to tell him to just stay. Then the other part, that's trying to get healthy, screams at me to keep my mouth shut.

Okay he left now. Why does something that is supposed to be the right thing to do have to feel so horrible inside? I told him that his mom will watch our son tomorrow if he isn't well and when he found out I had told his parents. In so adding to his anger at me....
Old 08-15-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

be strong!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My mom gets very angry when I don't protect her from the consequences of her drinking.

I vowed to go no contact with her after her last bender. It has been the most difficult thing for me. I want nothing more than to call her and see how she is doing, or just randomly stop by like I used to. I feel pretty isolated because my siblings won't invite us both to the same place at the same time because I told them I just can't be around her right now, which means I'm the one getting excluded from family functions.

But she is doing good. I don't know what made things click for her but she finally is seeking help for herself. She is doing an intensive outpatient program. I don't want to ruin the progress she is making by pretending everything is ok when it isn't.

As much as I miss her, overall, my life is so much happier and stress free now that we are no contact. But it is really tough to keep the distance. The hardest part is that she wasn't a mean drunk, or even drunk 100% of the time, so I still got glimpses of the woman that raised me and I miss those moments when I had my mom back. By the time I decided to go no contact those moments were mostly gone, and i felt like I had lost her, even though she was right in front of me.