SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Major step for me! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/233558-major-step-me.html)

theuncertainty 08-06-2011 05:36 PM

Major step for me!

I've submitted an application to the local U to be a non-degree seeking student. The first class I'm going to sign up for is a women's only self defense class. Just waiting for the e-mail with my student ID info.

I'm so excited about it!

suki44883 08-06-2011 05:50 PM

Good for you! I hope it's everything you want it to be.

copingwife 08-06-2011 06:24 PM

you go girl!!

lillamy 08-06-2011 06:47 PM

Awesome!!! Who is teaching it? If his name is Terry, you are in for a treat of proportions!

theuncertainty 08-08-2011 10:51 AM

Got my ID, and signed up... I'm thinking - is that it? No way to pay on line so I guess I'll get a bill? No notice to go to the campus to pay... I have no idea. It's been (O_M_G) 15 years since I took university classes so, I'm not sure what to expect.

(Lillamy - the site lists like 3 different people with the university Police as instructor, so I'm not sure who will teach it.)

Bummer is: there is a class minimum of 5 and I'm the 2nd to sign up. So now I get to wait and see if others sign up.

Tuffgirl 08-08-2011 11:17 AM

Is this through UAA? There is online bill pay, if so.

theuncertainty 08-08-2011 11:31 AM

Hey, Tuffgirl. Yep, it's through UAA. I just went back through the registration pages and there's a little blurb that they'll contact me via e-mail regarding payment etc. So...

I've been looking through the course catalogs to see what else I want to take. It's amazing that I can be so excited about .... anything.... again.:bounce

TeM 08-08-2011 12:00 PM

I'm jealous. I've wanted to go back to school for years. Of course, I'm not sure how I'd feel being the old guy sitting in a room full of kids, but I'd like to give it a shot.

Good luck and have fun!

Tuffgirl 08-08-2011 12:44 PM

On the UAA homepage, at the very bottom, is a link to uaonline...you can create an account with your brand new student id (but if you JUST registered, wait a few days for the paperwork to be inputted) and you can pay invoices there. BTW, I work at UAA which is why I asked...! ; )

I love our automated registration and payment system because I can't stand having to find a place to park (my office is off campus, thank goodness!)

And for all of you considering or wishing to go back to school - there is so much available online these days that the "classroom full of young kids" is almost a thing of the past.

TakingCharge999 08-08-2011 12:57 PM

Wonderful, how exciting!!

lillamy 08-08-2011 01:03 PM

Well crap, maybe I should sign up with you? :lol

Tuffgirl 08-08-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by lillamy (Post 3064153)
Well crap, maybe I should sign up with you? :lol

I know, I was kinda thinking the same thing...we could round out the class so it gets held after all!

theuncertainty 08-08-2011 01:07 PM

Ummmm, TC, based on the few pics you've shared here, I'd be inclined to believe you should have no problem fitting in with other young pretty women. Ah, but I know how self-perceptions can submarine those thoughts.

And even if that were not the case - there's a reason designers hire tall, thin models to display their work and don't necessarily walk the runway themselves. :)