Birthday month...

Old 08-04-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Birthday month...

So, in a few weeks it will be my birthday. In the past (even as a child) I got very depressed around my birthday. I don't know why, but I did. I never wanted to celebrate it or do anything. I usually just sat home and cried.

Last year was my 30th birthday and to treat myself I went to Disneyland. It was sooooo much fun and I wasn't sad at all. I actually enjoyed myself and my special day.

This year a lot is going on with me currently leaving my A of 3+ years. Knowing my birthday is coming up isn't helping. Instead of feeling sorry for myself I just booked a trip to the beach. A beautiful place, with an ocean view, and my dog can go with me too. I'm planning long walks on the beach, walking in the botanical gardens, reading on the beach, and yummy food. It's a dog friendly town, so my pup can go with me almost anywhere.

I'm planning this vacation alone, as in I haven't broke it to the A that he's not invited. You think he'd figure it out as I'm moving out next week and my birthday is still 3 weeks away. Anyways, it's my first vacation alone and I have to say I'm really looking forward to some relaxing time alone!! I'll end my trip by spending the night with my mom and sister (I haven't seen them in 6mo).

I'm so glad I decided to do this and not feel sorry for myself. I deserve this
Old 08-04-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dream of a vacation where I can take my dogs with me! It sounds fabulous and I'm glad you're doing this for you!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chaotically Peaceful

Originally Posted by Just4me View Post
I went to Disneyland. It was sooooo much fun and I wasn't sad at all. I actually enjoyed myself and my special day.
I had to giggle because I thought "It's the Happiest Place on Earth! Of course you weren't sad!" LOL!!!! (BTW - I celebrated my 38th birthday there - birthday button and all - and LOVED it! I've never had so many people wish me a happy birthday! LOL!!!)

Seriously - good for you for giving yourself a wonderful birthday gift!!! And even better for not allowing yourself to feel guilt for doing it!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I love vacationing on my own. You can do ANYTHING YOU WANT without worrying about someone else's likes/dislikes, schedule, etc.

I think it's a GREAT birthday gift for yourself!