I'm back... with a dry drunk

Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back... with a dry drunk

Well, I thought I had the magical AH! I thought he could change... he is just a dry drunk! I want a divorce! It's hard to talk abnout when he won't stay and talk long enough to hear it without running out to go stay at his Mom's!! HE IS 36!!

Well, he goes nothing... callind attorney tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Sometimes there is no other option.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope you are taking care of yourself...stay strong, and follow your gut. If you are that unhappy, life is too short to stay and suffer. Dry or drunk or sober.

Once upon a time, we all thought if they just stopped drinking, everything would be ok. Once upon a time, but not anymore. But that is only because we are older, and wiser, and ready for all the good in life that we so richly deserve.

Life has so much more to offer you...good luck
Old 08-03-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I stayed with RAH so long in hopes he would get sober. Now I am kicking myself I didn't detatch long ago...you are doing the right thing.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am in the same situation but the marriage is so new that I am not sure I can throw in the towel right now. He did not used to treat me poorly. What is the history of your relationship?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We started dating in December 2008. Got married May 2010. The drinking started about July 2009. All the signs were there. I was 32 wanting to be married, have a family,he quick drinking, thought I could change him, and well..... I kicked him out Feb - Apr 2011. He quick drinking, hasn't drank since. But nothing changed. Still lazy as hell and no recovery, just kept drinking. I'm tired of being the emotional, financial, take care of everything in this relationship.... so I'm throwing in the towel. Done. It's chaos! But I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I get my life back, my house, my stuff and yes probably the credit card debt he ran up.... but it's peaceful.... and I don't have to take of nothing but me!