Anyone Heard of This Book?

Old 07-28-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone Heard of This Book?

It's called "Until Today" by Iyanla Vanzant. It is supposed to be a daily reader (like ODAT) but I am going through it like a book.

This thing is a revelation! February is all about love....

February 3 - The question is, can you stop trying to convince God that you do not deserve the love that God wants you to have?

February 15 - You don't have to work to get love! The only work love requires of you is the work you must do on yourself. Work on your heart, your mind, your behavior, your false notions about love that have caused you pain, confusion and despair you believe have something to do with love. While you are working on yourself, love wants you to be aware! Keep your eyes open because there are many things masquerading as love that are not at all loving.

February 19 - Many of us have had the experience of shutting our hearts down. We do it unconsciously to protect ourselves. We do it in response to the pain of losing love. We do it to ward off the desperation of unrequited love. You see, when a heart goest into shutdown, the love that is required cannot come from someone else. It is a love you must bring forth from within yourself. This is the love required to heal, and it cannot get in or get out as long as you are holding onto grievances, judgments, expectations or demands.

After reading all of that, I sat down and cranked out three poems. Wow! Anybody else read this book?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't heard of it, but greatly appreciate you sharing it. Will have to look for it.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I really like Iyanla VanSant. I've read Peace From Broken Pieces, which was really good. She's a bit wacky, but she's honest, IMHO.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

No, however, it does sound like a good read. I am going to check it out.

Thanks for posting.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thank you, I needed to read that!