SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT - quick check-in from the road (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/232655-ot-quick-check-road.html)

LaTeeDa 07-26-2011 12:40 PM

OT - quick check-in from the road

1 Attachment(s)
The great summer adventure is going well, so far. Right now we are in Zion National Park. I have many, many pictures, but will just post a few. As I mentioned, one of the places I wanted to photograph was the horseshoe bend of the Colorado River. We were fortunate enough to be there at sunset.

LaTeeDa 07-26-2011 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also wanted to photograph Antelope Canyon. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that you cannot go there without a guide from the Navajo tribe and the tours are booked over a month in advance. So, I didn't get to see it. But, we hiked yesterday in Zion and found a similar slot canyon called Echo Canyon. So, I got slot canyon photos after all. :)

LaTeeDa 07-26-2011 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And this is the view from our campsite here in Zion. I must admit, five years ago when I was married to and living with an alcoholic, I never imagined life could be so good! Later this afternoon we plan to hike the Emerald Pools trail to a 300 ft. waterfall. Tomorrow we leave here and start making our way back home. Neither the route nor the timing is very planned, so who knows what adventures await us! I will post more pictures after I return home.

StarCat 07-26-2011 12:48 PM

LaTeeDa, those are stunning!
You really do have an eye for pictures.

On top of that, though, these are peaceful-looking pictures.
All that slow erosion, gradually tearing down bits of rock over millions of years, ending with these gorgeous rock formations to show for all that slow effort.

If the river and the wind can be patient, so can I.
The end results are certainly worth the effort.
All is right with the world.

Thank you so much for sharing. <3

EDIT: I love the campsite, too! What a view.

dollydo 07-26-2011 01:59 PM

Beautiful! I too, travel in a motorhome, it is amazing how close you can get to nature when you are not sitting in a motel room!

Looking forward to seeing more pic's!

Enjoy!

theuncertainty 07-26-2011 02:05 PM

:) DS tells me often that we don't need to save to buy a house; we just need a m-home (6-yo lingo for motorhome aka wheeled-home). Every time we see one on the roads (which is often this time of year) he reminds me "Like that one! It's big enough for us two."

I have to say, LaTeeDa, you're pictures make me much more inclined to agree with him. Thank you for sharing! Safe travels!

tigger11 07-26-2011 08:13 PM

Wow LTD, Beautiful!

Lotus2009 07-27-2011 12:16 AM

LaTeeDa,

Wow, amazing photos. Thanks so much for sharing this!!! I needed a reminder today of how beautiful life is and how many amazing places there are that I want to go see! Have fun on your trip!

Cyranoak 07-27-2011 04:21 PM

Awesome, your pics are great!

Cyranoak

TakingCharge999 07-28-2011 02:18 PM

I enjoy your pics very much, thanks for posting!