I hate where I'm at

Old 07-28-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think for me, the question isn't how to find friends, or even what mistakes I've made in the past, but the ability to ride out this pain... to see if I overcome it.
I really have more that I need to do other than look for friends.
I'm stuck in a dead end job. I used to have dreams that were greater than what I am doing right now. If I can look at this as a gift from my higher power, I can see that this challenge (like the trials of JOB!)
I've been thiking I should be going back to school. I should be working on my private endeavors more. These difficulties - as painful as they are - could just be the fire to temper the metal into steel, focus me. The pain then will simply be a reminder of what put me here.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

practical suggestion- Go to Penn Station. Take the LIRR to Long Beach. The beach is 4 blocks from the station, cabs are available but it's easy to walk. Spend the day by yourself by the water. It's a fun place - surfing, volleyball, boardwalk, lovely beach and ocean. I adore Manhattan but even I admit it's not much fun in the heat of high summer. I just think you might like to be out of your environment. Maybe, if you like it, it could be your little escape from your pain - a place just for you where you can go and spend some time. Don't try to meet anyone, or bring anyone. Just a good book.

Avoid Jones Beach. There's where all the city people go and you want to get away from that from what I hear.

I suggest this because having a retreat works for me.

Feel better, hon.