Should I go back? Hi, I'm new.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
DMC

I also think you should listen to that little voice... that's screaming at you. It led you here... a place I didn't find until I was on the verge of leaving as well.

Anyway, when I felt like that - low, struggling, and questioning if I was making the right choice, I would write emails to myself. And then read them again the next day or the day after.
They were phrased from the point of view of my sister or a cousin - loving, not condescending, but allowed me to talk it out to myself.

I still look back at one in particular where I actually wrote out my boundaries. It really, really clarified things for me.

Good luck in your struggle.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Maybe I haven't suffered enough. Maybe I'm a masochist. Maybe we can turn things around, work things out. Maybe I am full of magical thinking and deep in denial. Maybe he is really sincere and working on himself. Maybe I continue to grow and shape my life in a positive way. Maybe we crash and burn and hate each other a year from now.

I don't know.

I really sick of thinking about it. I have to get on with my life. I want to be back in Old State. I want to give the marriage some more time. Guess I'm just not done.

He has to stay in AA and continue with counseling. The first time he calls me a name or otherwise abuses me, I walk. I hope he knows I am serious about this and I have the finances to make it happen.

Wish me luck.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You sound like you have an out if you need to leave.

Don't be afraid to use the military resources that are available to you also.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Latte View Post
You sound like you have an out if you need to leave.

Don't be afraid to use the military resources that are available to you also.
Oh yes, what is this EAP you mentioned? My husband is in the Navy. Never heard of EAP. I am aware of Family Fleet and FAP. Fortunately, my husband's commander has been very supportive of me and been just great.