Blogs

Notices

What's the deal with VODKA??

Old 07-13-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by Zube View Post
I always had an allergic reaction when I would switch from beer to Vodka. It made me break out in hand-cuffs for some reason.

Zube
Me too Zube.

I was def a beer drinker, but I would crush vodka and redbull.

Not b/c it was "oderless" or anything like that.

Vodka got me amped up (even without the redbull). It got me to where I was going and in the end, it darn near killed me.

There is something about a vodka buzz that is different that any other liquor. A certain "power drunk" to it.

So happy to be off that merry-go-round.

Kjell~
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kjell For This Useful Post:
chicory (07-14-2011), fedup3 (07-13-2011), StarCat (07-13-2011), TeM (07-13-2011), Zube (07-13-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mine doesn't drink Vodka. I think he had some terrible experience with it, or maybe we just haven't gotten there yet. He has a good job an is albe to afford the more expensive stuff. He drinks lots of whiskey and sometimes tequilla. Sometimes wine, but he has to drink more to get drunk, so that doesn't work out too well. When he's despirate and low on cash he drinks those alcoholic flavored drinks in cans or cheap sweet flavored stuff called mad dog. The only thing I know he can't stand is Gin...and one day I did find an empty bottle of that because he was despirate and couldn't leave the house. My basement smells like a bar/smokiing lounge and my stomach turns every time I have to go down there. This really is aweful stuff.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
TeM

There is something about a vodka buzz that is different that any other liquor.
I remember my father telling me once that he didn't drink liquor for the taste, but for the buzz. I was just the opposite. Back when I still liked beer, I drank it for the taste. I never really liked the buzz. The one time that I got relatively drunk, I hated the feeling.

I think my AW drinks for the buzz. She takes about 20 prescription drugs; a third of them are for anxiety, depression, OCD, etc. She goes through life heavily medicated anyway, so she probably needs a lot of booze to even feel the effect.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zube View Post
I always had an allergic reaction when I would switch from beer to Vodka. It made me break out in hand-cuffs for some reason.

Zube
LOL!

On a serious note, toward the end of living with my husband, I began to notice that vodka made him angry, where whiskey made him mellow and morose. When a bottle of vodka would appear, I would put my Mom on notice to expect me and the kids in the middle of the night.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Double dipp'n

Vodka feed my ego more than anything else (beer and drugs included).

Kjell~
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjell For This Useful Post:
BobbyJ (07-14-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne View Post
Vodka has fewer congeners in it as opposed to most of the others, you don't get as sick as fast. Any alcoholic knows that!!!
??

I didn't know that...

I thought vodka tasted like cough medicine, I didn't like it at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to kiki5711 For This Useful Post:
BobbyJ (07-14-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

I don't know, but pretty much every other time I drank vodka I somehow ended up supine with my pants off. Only when I drank vodka would this happen....
The Following User Says Thank You to bellakeller For This Useful Post:
BobbyJ (07-14-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
I could mix it with healthy sport's drinks. Kind of like riding a bycicle for exercise while chain smoking. Go figure.
That's great! I, in my very codependent way, have "encouraged" my AH to take certain vitamins, and I also started buying him Vitamin Water, which he seemed to take to. I was really excited, thinking, well at least I'm getting SOME vitamins in him, until I realized that he was pouring some out and spiking it with vodka.

One foot on the brake and the other on the accelerator. Also good way to get your codependent wife off your back.

Yes, vodka is my AH liquor of choice, since he also believes it is odorless.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoloMio For This Useful Post:
anvilhead (07-13-2011), BobbyJ (07-14-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
TeM

One foot on the brake and the other on the accelerator
I can relate to that. My AW has OCD, and her particular version is that she obsesses over her health, cancer in particular. She takes all kinds of medicine, wastes money on supplements, vitamin drinks, exotic pomegranate drinks, etc. She watches Dr. Oz religiously, and rushes out to buy whatever he recommends.

Then, she systematically poisons her liver with Vodka, and sees no problem with it. Go figure.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeM For This Useful Post:
anvilhead (07-13-2011), BobbyJ (07-14-2011), GettingBy (07-13-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 12:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I watched a TV documentary a couple of years ago about a well respected British TV reporter who was alcoholic and ended up sleeping on benches in his home town, the cameras were follwing him all around (and I think he's since died) but the question that sticks in my mind is 'Why Vodka?' his response was 'it hits the spot quicker than anything else'

I can smell a vodka drinker a mile off, it was my brothers drink.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LucyA For This Useful Post:
anvilhead (07-13-2011), BobbyJ (07-14-2011), chicory (07-14-2011), TeM (07-13-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
LOL, I used to have it in juice for "breakfast"

Vodka, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

(for those of you old enough to remember the OJ commercial)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eddiebuckle For This Useful Post:
BobbyJ (07-14-2011), chicory (07-14-2011), LexieCat (07-13-2011), Peter G (07-13-2011), TeM (07-13-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It seemed to me, growing up, that vodka would hit me faster than anything...and without warning; I avoided it like the plague concerned of the unknown consequences. I seemed to recall my friends had similar experiences. As a Wisconsinite, partying was commonplace and Vodka was a sure drunk (and not for me)!
The Following User Says Thank You to 24Years For This Useful Post:
BobbyJ (07-14-2011)