SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT Bangkok pictures :) ! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/231560-ot-bangkok-pictures.html)

TakingCharge999 07-12-2011 10:03 AM

OT Bangkok pictures :) !

1 Attachment(s)
Hi friends!!

I am back from family holiday in Bangkok! I did not go to many of the highlights, had "done" the touristic things before. This time I spent most of the time with my family and just walking around the area, we visited a couple of small temples... it was great to be open to the beauty around me without "having" to go anywhere. Very very zen.

It was a very interesting trip, strong experiences, a lot of clarity about my family... it was sad to arrive home but I read somewhere "how blessed I am, to have someone to miss so much" and gratitude has been a huge healer.

I might go back next year and been emailing my sister often, so, that helps!

I cried at some moments because I had no plans at all, and God took me to very beautiful places... I felt loved, it was wonderful to see my family again and meet my nephew (1 month old!)... priceless...

There are many experiences I would like to share but one that moved me the most was when I went with my mom to a Buddhist temple and we stayed for their prayers from 5 to 6 pm, there was pouring rain and when we left a Nun gave us an umbrella.. we tried to decline but she insisted with a smile. Seems she liked us, we were the only foreigners there.. there was something about her kindness that moved my mom and I, we got all teary. We gave the umbrella back a different day... ok I am getting all teary again... for us it was like a wink from above, a message of protection...

I would have never thought life could be like this for me, I am glad I am giving myself the chance to live it my way.
I find myself laughing very often now, happy to be alive.
This had never happened to me before.

TC999

PS LaTeeDa, these were taken with a very simple camera without any knowledge, so imagine the pictures you could take! you have to start planning your trip. The expensive part is the airplane ticket but accomodation, food, etc is super cheap. You HAVE to go :) !

TakingCharge999 07-12-2011 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ganesh

TakingCharge999 07-12-2011 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Shrine detail

Seren 07-12-2011 11:04 AM

Those are beautiful pictures, TC! Thank you for sharing!

LaTeeDa 07-12-2011 11:14 AM

Aw TC, it's not the camera or the knowledge, but the vision. You are very well-equipped in that department!

L

StarCat 07-12-2011 11:26 AM

Thank you for sharing.
Those are gorgeous pictures. Now I want to go, too!

I am so glad that you had a wonderful visit. :hug:

theuncertainty 07-12-2011 11:39 AM

Beautiful pics, TC! I love the colors!

Threadjack: my sister went on a trip to the Cook Islands and just got back - with a beautiful tattoo on her leg! Something about travel and tattoos going around. :)

TakingCharge999 07-12-2011 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wat Chana Songkhram ("War victory temple")

Temple built by the Mon minority, who were given a specific are as gratitude for fighting with the Thais against Burma (centuries ago..)

dollydo 07-12-2011 01:39 PM

Great shots, really enjoy viewing them.

LexieCat 07-12-2011 03:50 PM

Beautiful pics, TC! Oh, geeze, I sure hope I get to trave a LITTLE once I retire.

I love Ganesh, BTW. "Remover of Obstacles". To quote Cyranoak, "Good god!"

TakingCharge999 07-12-2011 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thai Dragons bring water, protect Temples and are associated with wisdom and longevity.

TakingCharge999 07-12-2011 04:25 PM

Thanks friends, I got many more :) !! ohh one would need several lifetimes to capture so much beauty...

kittykitty 07-12-2011 04:28 PM

Looking forward to seeing all of them! Very beautiful!

TakingCharge999 07-12-2011 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gardens surrounding the temple, with little Buddha statues hidden among the rocks.. (you had to get really close to see them!)

TakingCharge999 07-12-2011 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Abhaya Mudra,
Gesture of reassurance, blessing, and protection. "Do not fear."

TakingCharge999 07-12-2011 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
-

Impurrfect 07-12-2011 05:28 PM

(((TC))) - beautiful pictures!! So glad you were able to go and have a good time:)

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

vujade 07-12-2011 06:08 PM

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

StarCat 07-13-2011 06:09 AM

You really do have an eye for good pictures, TC!

Now all I need is some Thai food, and I'll feel like I'm actually there. :)

TakingCharge999 08-20-2011 12:14 AM

Finally have time to continue

1 Attachment(s)
I've been more than busy but I can finally share some more pictures!!