Adrenal Fatigue

Old 07-25-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi Y'all,

I just watched THE most inspiring netflix documentary last night (download) - had to share (and if you knew me, you'd know that I plug very little, except recovery, animal rescue, and that's about it), because it's sorta like the miracles we see in recovery. It's inspiring to me, because it's inspiring to people who may not even be in a terrible place! It's about healing using common sense, really. And the second guy, who was desperate... what a total change in his life.

FatSickandNearlyDead (check out what some of the reviewers wrote)

I know most people won't go to this extreme, but even the idea of getting more nutrients into our bodies and less bad stuff is inspired from what these guys did. And one can hardly argue at the change in Phil's outlook, and the fact that both Joe and Phil's disease went into remission, and both got off hundreds of dollars of meds a month.

CLMI
Old 07-25-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Actually I got the new Droid Charge at Costco...(again who KNEW) they have all the carriers at Costco under one kiosk and the phone was $70.00 CHEAPER than the verizon store....my brother told me the savings would pay for my membership, I was admiring his new phone, one of the members at WW was telling how useful the App is when you are trying to eat on the run..so i took the plunge as my old phone was not holding a charge.

(now I can also play Angry Birds)!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

OK, I had this long post typed out and then Charlie, my german shepherd pup rolled over on the bed and hit the keyboard....argg...

Anyway, good day for me. The shakes and bars seem to have me stabiilized and somewhat energized.

Anvil, I like the suggestion of breaking things down into increments of 15 minutes. I made a pork roast with green beans and red potatoes in the crock pot today. Hubby and I had a nice dinner.

I am about to check out the video linked above and take Charlie for a walk.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Well., last night, I clicked on the Netflix link above..then just got lost looking at movies, etc.

Dozed off, then, I woke up, got myself ready for bed and had a good nights rest.

Does anyone read Dr. Christine Northrup's books? I am beginning to think that alot of this fatigue is associated with examining who and where I am in my life right now. Menopause can bring on new awareness......interesting.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

So the doctor's office calls about the tests I had run, and just says I need to make an appointment with my doc next week to discuss the results in detail. That's fine and dandy, but I sure didn't want to wait till next week. Ugh.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'll be patient...this time.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

so my body said, ok, this chick is just thick, let's try this....attention hair follicles, proceed rapid departure from scalp! and they started leaping off my head in great numbers!!! and yeah, THAT got my attention!!!
ahh, vanity, thy name is wicked.

not my hair! my hair is my glory! my raison d etre!
okay, but i do have thick coarse curly hair. when it started to come out, i was surprised and sad.
dag nab it! time to take care of myself!
off to the doctor.
sigh...........
Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Our bodies are sending us messages.

What do we bionic women do?

We just keep pushing thru....but, at what price??

Devon...you are more patient then I! I want answers and I want them now, hahaha.

Anvil, is there anything you can do about your situation at work?

I made one small step in managing some of my "stuff", with regard to my mother calling me in her heightened state of anxiety. She breaks my heart as a widow dealing with all that she is, but, I can't help her if I continue to get sick. I was able to talk to her
with love, and she completely understood. We have spoken since, and my gut has
not been clenched when I saw her name on the caller ID....small steps, small steps.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Present

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
has anyone changed up their diet?
Fandy, CONGRATS on the weight loss!

Yes, it took me two years of continuously testing and dropping foods. I am currently grain-free and disaccharide-free (the only sweeteners I use are honey, a monosaccharide, made "mono" when the bees "process" it) and saccharine.

Grain-free means I also don't eat rice, or corn, which is a grain, or corn or rice products. I don't do root vegetables - any type of potato, beets, with the exception of carrots in moderation. Grain-free includes all the glutens.

I went gluten-free first and it was good, but not enough.

I have done this in cooperation with medical doctors, naturopaths, and my acupuncture doctor.

The diet I currently used is called the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and works well for people with IBS, Crohn's, diabetes, and children with autism.

I got rid of the inflammation that way but not any weight. So I did that intense 6x/week exercise and kept getting sick because it was too intense for someone with adrenal fatigue. I did lose 20 lbs over five months, hit a plateau in March and haven't been able to break through it.

I still do a lot of work because I find it's not something I can get right one day and then it works all the time. I continuously have to monitor how I'm doing.

I'm able to add some foods and have to drop others, mostly nuts and fruits - some fruits are fine some days but not other days, and the same with some nuts. WEIRD but it happens. And nut butters = sometimes they're OK and sometimes not. I use organic butters without any added sugar. Mostly I use almond butter. I prefer peanut butter but can't do it all the time. Peanuts are legumes, and legumes are OK some days, and other days...not.

It takes a lot of work and can be quite frustrating. There is no fast weight loss for me - my metabolism just won't go there, and hasn't for several years. (sigh)
Old 07-26-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Present

Sisterhood, you amaze me. I am in awe of your determination to do everything you can for your health and your jobs.

Fandy, I felt the same way doing the charting when I joined Bob Greene's Best Life Diet a year and a half ago. I had the additional job of having to drop his dietary suggestions and make my own menus since I couldn't eat over half of what his diet recommended. That took some time - WHEE!

Don't have Netflix but have heard of the movie enough to be somewhat familiar. sounds like what I did. what I've learned is, health is such an individual thing. I've also learned that many people, in order to make a buck, repackage the same information and sell it again and again and again! (Blowing raspberries here="Phhht!")

Anvil, I'm glad to see you're raising the bar of your former "normal" status.

Freedom - "give me patience, RIGHT NOW!!" I really dislike waiting, especially when it involves meeting and discussion. ARGH!

Anvil, yep, the body keeps upping the ante until we are forced to respond! I used to set it to "Ignore" too when I was working 60+ hours/week, and TPTB were all over how much more I really needed to do. c:\cmd:setcourse=failure and I, the good workplace soldier, complied.

My husband and I went to the healing place yesterday; it's an hour's drive. It's the same place to which I went 2x last week with my friend.

We're going again tomorrow. I made appointments for their light bed, which is a frequency treatment, and then we have the foot treatment afterward - you know those pads that pull toxins out of your feet, you wear them when you sleep and they turn black? This is a much more intense version of this, that I actually had done at a chiropractor's office way back when I was insured through work. They put clay in the water to pull out toxins and then electrodes go in the water that foster the process. Basically you start with relatively clear water other than the clay color, and then it turns various shades of orange and black and a foam on top, same colors. (eww!)

and WOW what it does, I feel much better.

So we're going to do kind of an intense regimen of this over the next couple of weeks and then see where we're at. They go by donation and we are donating as much as we can, and it's worth more than what we can donate so we are grateful. The couple who run the place are very educated on all facets of health and alternative health.

They have some frequency programs for everything including addiction, and my AH does his light bed treatment tomorrow, and then next week we each get to have appointments on Monday and Wednesday. They only had the two appointments open this week; I did yesterday, he's doing tomorrow. And we're both doing foot baths.

They have other treatments there, most of which involve varying frequencies or magnetics, so I'll have plenty to do while he's in the light bed, as he had plenty to do yesterday while I was in the light bed.

They also have an adrenal program

I added one more New Chapter supplement, TranquilNite, and took my first one yesterday - REALLY helped with sleep. So now it's NC's Supercritical Stress Advantage, NC's Neurovite, NC's TranquilNite, plus the Terry Naturally Adrenaplex supplement. I know it's a lot, and I know it's doing what I need for it to do - feeling better.

healing to us all!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

the doctor's probably will not give you your test results because he/she needs to explain them to you and the dx may mean more testing is warranted and possibly meds....not that I'm saying you have this, but you don't want to hear Graves Disease over the phone, nor can the nurse explain any needed surgery.

the nurse is not authorized to give info. over the phone unless the results are normal. BUT if it was extreme, they would haul you in right away.

I'm down 8.4 lbs. this month....not the 10 I was shooting for, but close. If I can do it again next month I'll be ecstatic. I have always lost weight s-l-o-w-l-y. but can pick an extra 3 lbs. with a restaurant dinner...I have also measured and happy with losing 3.5" on my waist! I feel that I can breathe better for some reason.

I am s/p menopause...the symptoms dissapated last year....they were only really bad for about 10 months...which was a time of upheaval with mr. Fandy and very heavy drinking. Trust me, this is NOT the way to meet menopause.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Way to go Fandy on the weight loss!

I was listening to HayHouse radio earlier. It streams free online. One of the speakers was talking about stress in women and its effects on our health.

The question was asked, what are you doing to experience more joy in your life?

I need to think about this...
Old 07-27-2011, 04:54 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I like that..."well groomed"....so much better than ..."examination reveals a XX YO female in no distress, NSR, skin lesions, cracked lips, bad grooming habits...skin is inflamed and exhibts lots of dirt"....
Old 07-27-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Present

staying "well-groomed" during hormonal havoc and emotional roller-coaster rides is no small feat!!

I daresay there have been times when grooming falls to the bottom of my list, and it's easier to ignore since I don't report for work and don't get out socially a whole lot. I mean sure, showers and deodorant and clean clothes, but outside of that, a lot of times there hasn't been much for me.

Which is making going to the healing center a really positive thing. We have appointments on Monday and Wednesday of next week, too. Will be leaving in a little while here.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

that footbath sounds very nice....i could go for a mummy-wrap, if it pulls out the toxins and an extra 5 lbs. i would be happy!

thanks for the reminder...I have a gift certificate sitting in my drawer for a full one hour massage..i had better use it.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Meredith post about the wellness center had me thinking as well Anvil.

Today, my doctors office called and the supplement she order for me came in. When I went to pick it up, they offered me a list of the spa treatments they offer. I think I am going to book a massage. I am also thinking about checking into accupuncture to see if it might help my body heal.

My body temp has always run low.Typically my blood sugar and blood pressure run low also. So, it was suprising when my blood sugar registered pre-diabetic this past time.

Anvil, have you been tested for Wilson's Syndrome?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:49 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Anvil, yes it is your JOB, but, we are talking about your HEALTH.

It sounds like your body is telling you to stay home, get some rest, enjoy the sunshine.

It is because we drag our azzes in so many days that we shouldn't have that we are in the fine physical shape we are
Old 07-28-2011, 11:39 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Present

I missed you all today! and thought about you, sending good, healing energy with my thoughts and feelings.
Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
methinks i'll be scheduling an appointment soon!!!! see, if YOU hadn't shared YOUR experience, who knows how long it would have been before my brain recalled that bit of info?

...wanted to ask about body temps. i tend to run with a consistently lower than "normal" body temp - * Survivors or Descendents of Famine Survivors side)
Scotch ancestry
Irish Ancestry
Russian Ancestry
Chronic Dieters
Survivors of high stress
Divorce

Extreme family or job stress

To this we may add:

Persons having hypoglycemia
Persons with sleep disorders
Go for the red clay, YEA! The healing center puts clay and salt in the foot baths. I am just incredulous at the toxins that it helps my body to release. Clay is an awesome element for helping with the detox.

yes my body temperature has been below 98 on a regular basis for as long as I can remember. And I sure did have a lot to highlight there. On my dad's side is Scotch Irish and on my mother's side is Russian/Jewish. (Had to leave Russia because they were Jewish, classic Fiddler on the Roof story.) WOW!!! I'm a classic whatever-Wilson's-syndrome-is - guess I'll be checking into it more online and thank you for blazing the trail - maybe we'll find some stuff that makes us return to health a little more each day since we can't just jump to it this minute we'd sure like to, LOL!

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
that footbath sounds very nice....i could go for a mummy-wrap, if it pulls out the toxins and an extra 5 lbs. i would be happy!

thanks for the reminder...I have a gift certificate sitting in my drawer for a full one hour massage..i had better use it.
Well it also has the added benefit of cleaning out my digestive tract. Haven't lost weight on it alone yet but I do notice my clothing fits more loosely a couple of hours after I get home.

for ALL of these healing treatments DRINK LOTS MORE WATER THAN NORMAL. It will help flush out the toxins, plus you need more hydration after these treatments. And drinking water actually helps your body to release more water! Much water retention is based on NOT drinking enough! Yes, that is counterintuitive. (Sigh.)

Originally Posted by ANEWAUGUST View Post
Meredith post about the wellness center had me thinking as well Anvil.

Today, my doctors office called and the supplement she order for me came in. When I went to pick it up, they offered me a list of the spa treatments they offer. I think I am going to book a massage. I am also thinking about checking into accupuncture to see if it might help my body heal.

My body temp has always run low.Typically my blood sugar and blood pressure run low also. So, it was suprising when my blood sugar registered pre-diabetic this past time.

Anvil, have you been tested for Wilson's Syndrome?
Yea on the supplement and for your dr's office giving you spa treatments offered, YEA!!! I mean it's so good to hear something besides allopathic medicine.

I know acupuncture (think of it as "acute" instead of "accurate") does really good things for me. Did I tell you my liver story yet? OK I'll make it quick. During my first major stress-related illness, my liver enzymes went WAY off the chart, some too high, some too low. I'd had acute episodes of chronic bronchitis over a two-year period prior to the liver enzyme imbalance. I went for a vigorous treatment of acupuncture and my liver enzymes were back to normal within SIX MONTHS. And the bronchitis went away too.

i know the world won't end if i don't go to work, but dangit, it's my JOB and we have some VIP guest that is going to be at the Center and while i am not instrumental in any of the arrangements, it probably would be a good show for me to BE there. but if i push past my limits, my level of functionality will plummet. thhhpppp.
I hear you. I felt the same way and pushed on through and ended up going out on disability. By the time I went out (started on FMLA), I was to the point where I cried at work at least once a day. There was nothing I could do to stop it. I was humiliated every time I cried. I tried to hide when I cried. Of course I couldn't hide the swollen eyes or rapid stress-related bloating and weight gain. In other words, take care of yourself better than I did. Pushing through could lead to having to let go. Loving words of warning to you.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Anvil, the description of how you are feeling is exactly how I felt about two weeks ago. I literally couldn't drive to the store.

No, other people around us don't understand how we are feeling. I think it is hard for anyone who hasn't experienced this debilating state of fatigue to understand.

Can you take a week off and just rest? Four days is wonderful, but, I really believe we
need adequate time for our bodies to truly begin healing.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

i just.need.some.sleep. i bit the bullet and sent an email to my boss requesting (which is more of a statement than a request!) that i take today off and maybe/possibly Monday as well, so i can have 4 days of solid rest. i am NOT better at all right now....we are also in a high pollen alert right now, WEEDS, and i've been having wicked 10 count sneeze fits...even in the middle of the night???

I hope the trazadone helps, and good for you on taking two days off for a 4 day weekend!

Don't overdo it at home either gal or I'll have to kick your butt.

As far as no one at work knowing you are not doing well, I have a feeling that is due to you playing Superwoman for too long, eh?