im new, and need to chat

Old 11-25-2003, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

im new, and need to chat

i am a 28 yr old mom with 4 kids, in a very difficult situation. my husband was in AA when i met him, and sober for a few years, he relapsed over the summer, and after the relapse got back in the program. he promised that things would be different yadda yadda. now he relapsed again in the beginning of november. he was put in a mental hospital, then rehab. he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. now on top of the alcoholism, drug addiction, it is that. he is out , working the program yet again, taking meds, for bipolar disorder. this was his 4th rehab over the years.(first one i have been with him through) i need to talk to someone, and ask some questions. i do not get to al anon much because of the responsibilities with the kids. i have 4, ages, 10, 6, 6 ,and 9 months. someone please take me under their wing to chat with me.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My husband went through his first treatment when we first met - over 18 years ago. Two years ago starting drinking and drugging again - it has taken him 2 years to finally get any sobriety under his belt. Coming up on 1 yr in January. It is very very important for you to get into Alanon. Alot of Alanon meeting will have babysitting available - you just need to get ahold of an Alanon meeting list and find the ones that do. This is a family disease and you and the kids needs as much help as you can get.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Responsible Girl

I'm so sorry for how you're feeling right now. I'm absolutely in no position myself to offer any advice, but know that you're not alone. (Are your 6 year olds twins?) It seems like you've got quite a bit on your plate- I have two small kids (4 & 2 1/2), so you win there, but I know how hard it is for me with just my two. You've come to the right place. Everyone here is so nice, and I was amazed when I first started reading threads that there are people that act JUST LIKE my A. I thought he was original... Anyway, I hope you can close your eyes at sometime today (in the middle of a food fight, as you're changing a diaper, since I'm sure you can do that with your eyes closed by now) and think of a nice, warm beach with a gorgeous, sober MUTE guy to serve you margaritas as you gaze at the ocean and bask in the sun. (Wishful thinking...)

Hang in there and keep your head up!
Old 11-25-2003, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Codee,

i sent you a PM.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Codee.. welcome.. and do check out our chat room.. if you see someone online you feel comfortable with ask them to meet you in the chat room for live conversation and support. You'll be in my prayers!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Louise...stop sending everybody PM"s...LOL
Old 11-26-2003, 02:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Codee, it took me seven years in AA to get my first week of sobriety!!! Do not despair - I celebrated 13 years this year!!! Do you go to Alanon??? It wll help you to deal with your own feelings on it.