Someone please explain this to me

Old 07-06-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

OMG I just had the most amazing realization!

If I give up on "healing" this marriage, it means, somewhere deep inside of me to that four year old little girl, that my chances of finally getting my parents to love me has failed.

I know it sounds crazy, but this entire relationship has been based on my inner childs drive to prove I am lovable.

God I'm relieved to recognize this. Now I can rationalize with that poor frightened little girl, show her what REAL love and respect is and take care of her.

Cause no one else will
Wow! this serendipity for sure. Yeah, if I give up that means no one will ever love me.
Geez, and we can take care of that frightened little girl, let her know she is enough, all she ever needed is within her.

Beth
Old 07-06-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I feel everyone has been so eloquent that I don't have much to add that has not already been said.

One thing struck me though, what helped me while I was divorcing, and I read in your posts.

It was the realization of how grateful I was for all the work I had done on myself. Sure I was a mess, and it was hard, but man without my IC and Al-anon work behind me. I read here recently a quote about I am not where I want to be, but thank goodness I am not where I was. Your story reminded me of that.