July 2 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 07-02-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

July 2 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

July 2 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Some people I meet in Al-Anon seem to have a kind of natural joy of living. Their optimism tells you they know there’s something good waiting for them right around the corner. Their hopeful confidence rubs off on every troubled person they talk to. They make every meeting a kind of special adventure.

Newer members are astonished to learn that many of these people, when they were new in Al-Anon, were also burdened with woe and black despair. It was Al-Anon that brought the joy of living, hope and confidence out into the open, ready to be used to help others.

TODAY’S REMINDER

As soon as I am willing to dig into the program and put the Twelve Steps and the slogans to work, by daily reading and constant application, I will forget to be “mad” at people, forget to be sorry for myself. And that leaves a gratitude for what is good in every day.

“I’ll only be able to help others when I have allowed Al-Anon to clear up my own view of my problems. Until I am impelled to share with others what I get from this program, my own progress will be limited.”