OT holiday news ...

Old 06-29-2011, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

OT holiday news ...

Thanks friends for helping me out in my recent thread.

Gladly my mom has been in therapy too and wrote her pains and let them go. I did something similar with very simple hatha yoga yesterday.

And we both feel much better and accepting of my sister and how she wants things to be like... after all its her baby, its her home and we are guests here.

Today my mom and I went to a herbal therapies Thai spa and it was great! I am very relaxed...

The atmosphere here is very very spiritual, modern and respectful, its always interesting to see locals, schoolgirls, expats, muslims wearing scarf or garments (some even covered 100%, only their eyes can be seen) next to foreigners wearing shorts.... and no one even raises an eyebrow... everyone going about their business.

Maybe I go to a flea market and to some temples...

Time flies but I feel great. Today we saw a designer cloth store and maybe I treat myself to an expensive Valentino design and create my own top!! with matching bag... my mom is a huge supporter for my creative interests, I also bought a "Fashion drawing" book in the Hong kong airport and its wonderful!! many interesting books I would never find at home.

My sister gave me some gifts from Nepal...
We had cake as it was her bday yesterday...
I also gave her a bunch of gifts...
Tomorrow its my mom's bday and we will have cake, again..

I am so grateful for the spiritual gifts I have received.... and for learning so many things like being aware of the present moment... here they teach meditation to little kids at school! there are flowers and good luck charms everywhere... my meditation nowadays is one I learned from that "you are here book": "breathing in, I know I am breathing in...breathing out, I know I am breathing out"

My family has told me they see something different in me and that I look better... well.. they are too kind to say "we don't see a cloud of doom over your head anymore.." lol

I have realized -again-how much I have changed, seeing some old pics and how my eyes looked very sad

I forgot what my point was for this thread LOL

But I am very happy and content today... if I knew what was in store for me when I joined SR feeling so lonely and in pain. I see who is who now, and that is priceless... what I was thinking during the wonderful massage today was, how we can open up and open our hearts for healing...

Today I breathe again and am just grateful for... everything...

Now we will watch "Desperate housewives" and help sister with what we can... the view is wonderful here in the apartment floor #44. I'll try to take some pictures...
Old 06-29-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there TC...

What a wonderful gift to be in a place that teaches and reinforces meditation and mindfulness Sounds like the perfect place for someone in recovery!!

You sound so centered and content. I love it!

Thanks for the update!
Shannon
Old 06-29-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You sound so at peace, this is great! I would love to see some pictures.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds very on topic to me. I don't know about you, but I work hard to practice recovery in all areas of my life, including time with family.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks friends, I remembered how much I enjoy traveling... ahhh its like my soul is back to my body lol...

Its bittersweet because I miss my sis

I am sharing her with her baby, our mom, tomorrow her husband, and these last days with her friends, too... aww.... I am jealous of sharing her with others !! also, something to note here is that her husband has a very good job but overeseas... so, he spends months away, comes back a few days then has to leave again... he will just be coming for 4 days or so then away he goes again. She is repeating the "financially responsible but physically absent father" pattern...

Anyway:
Tomorrow the only plan is to get cake for mom and have it in the terrace.......
Old 06-29-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Overall it has been a while since I last thought "life is wonderful!!!!!!"

*newsflash for self*

Life IS wonderful !!!!!!!!