Emotional Rollercoster

Old 06-24-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emotional Rollercoster

He got home and had a talk with me and my daughter about her graduation party tommorrow. He was crying and said it is a hard decision to make but he can not go under the circumstances. I really felt bad for him because I think it has finally hit him that it is over (me too). He said he is going to start getting his stuff together and will be leaving soon. I thought I would be relieved but I am actually quite emotional and very very sad right now.

Thanks for listening.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. Alcohol sure is a powerful substance - bring kleenex to the graduation party .. it's hard to know when the tears are going to come.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Even when a marriage comes to an end and it is what you want, you still are losing your dream of what you wanted. Be kind to yourself. Change is hard. Closure is hard.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your sadness. I am in the same boat and it is very hard. I read somewhere that there are stages of grief in a divorce that mirror the stages after a death. Do something for yourself, stay the course. My AH used tears to try and get me to change my mind.
Hang in there, one minute at a time if you have to -
Old 06-25-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you guys and Leaping I think you are right. A divorce is like a death and the grieving is so similar. I guess we are grieving the death of our marriage and all our dreams abd what could/should have been.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I do understand your sadness. Yes, the demise of a marriage is a very emotional issue. You will grieve, then you will move on to a better place.

Like a river, you must allow it to flow.

Make tomorrow all about your daughter, it is her special day!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JACKRUSSELLGIRL View Post
He got home and had a talk with me and my daughter about her graduation party tommorrow. He was crying and said it is a hard decision to make but he can not go under the circumstances. I really felt bad for him because I think it has finally hit him that it is over (me too). He said he is going to start getting his stuff together and will be leaving soon. I thought I would be relieved but I am actually quite emotional and very very sad right now.

Thanks for listening.
I'm sorry... I know how much it hurts... I hope you're able to find some happiness in the day at the party but I know it's so hard and sad...

HUGS!!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)