OT: my kid returned!

Old 06-23-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: my kid returned!

My 4th kid just returned today from a 9-month exchange trip to Italy!! It's wonderful to have him back, even though we moved while he was gone (yikes)!

We went from the airport to his favorite restaurant, where they treated him like the returning son he is, and then to our old home, to see my BF and get my son's guitar.

After a while of visiting, we came to the new apartment. My son is wonderfully adaptable, and a good communicator, so he was able to handle all the travel and transitions with aplomb. He's exhausted, but wired and jet-lagged. We talked about house rules and how happy we are to have him home. He's a nice boy/man. He's 17, and I love him!

- Sylvie
Old 06-23-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yay, for the returning world-traveler!

It kills me that both of my kids have tromped around Europe, and I still haven't set foot out of the US (well, border towns in Mexico and Canada hardly count, though I HAVE been fortunate enough to visit Hawai'i--twice).

Enjoy the reunion. I'm sure he will have LOTS to tell you.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Lexiecat you got to start planning your future travels.

Sylvie how wonderful, enjoy your family time!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Skipper

Originally Posted by Sylvie66 View Post
My 4th kid just returned today from a 9-month exchange trip to Italy!! It's wonderful to have him back, even though we moved while he was gone (yikes)!

We went from the airport to his favorite restaurant, where they treated him like the returning son he is, and then to our old home, to see my BF and get my son's guitar.

After a while of visiting, we came to the new apartment. My son is wonderfully adaptable, and a good communicator, so he was able to handle all the travel and transitions with aplomb. He's exhausted, but wired and jet-lagged. We talked about house rules and how happy we are to have him home. He's a nice boy/man. He's 17, and I love him!

- Sylvie
The word "aplomb" ROCKS!!