June 20 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 06-20-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

June 20 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

June 20 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

The Sixth Step is an inspiring challenge to surrender ourselves to the guidance of our Higher Power. I will read this serenely beautiful statement of submission to God’s will as often as I have need of it, “Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.”

My goal will be to make myself “entirely ready” to let fo of the negative habits of thought that have been reflected in the happenings of my life. God is just as “entirely ready” to accept this humble offering of my faults, and to help me change to the kind of thinking and doing that will bring me serenity, and even, perhaps, happiness.

TODAY’S REMINDER

The “defects of character” I want to be rid of are sure to have deep roots in habit. My daily conscious cooperation will be needed as I accept God’s help in removing them. I will try to deal with them patiently, one by one. If I am truly willing, I will see them replaced gradually by impulses of a different quality, that I can live with, comfortably free from self reproach.

“God make me entirely ready for the removal of my faults, that I may receive light on my problems and their true causes.”