kia an update

Old 06-17-2011, 12:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kia

kia an update

well its been a while since i been on here and thought id update everyone how things are with me today.Currently im with the guy i met after my relationship broke down with the drinker and its been 6 months now and for first time in along time im happy there are no dramas in my life, which sometimes ill admit is boring but these days i prefer boring it suits me cos in my boring life i do what i want, i read books again ,i spend time with family and the bf.

My state of mind whilst alot better is far from been recovered, took along time to become so sick will take equally long for it to be better but im getting there.

Im still in al anon and can see me been there for life as there now like family my friends there was one of the best things i ever did and am eternally grateful to the members on here who pushed me to go to it cos it was for me what i needed for me to recover or begin to.

As for the drinker i have limited contact with him and in 6 months nothings changed the same rubbish comes out of his mouth that did then but i can choose at any time to cut contact and do just that when i can feel his craziness creeping back into me again.i decieded for me this was the best option as i didnt want to close all the doors but its a door i control.I deleted all his numbers on my phone ,got rid of his fb and msn and the only means of communication is through skype but only the typing bit i no longer talk to him and its reliant on me putting it on.

So there it is my life as it is now i hope this helps other ppl make decisions cos believe u me the horror stories ive heard and continue to hear in al anon make me relise it doesnt get any better it gets progressively worse and its all down hill if they dont stop drinking for u both cos i was as ill as him even though i didnt drink as he did and does still.

I will continue in al anon and strive towards recovery for myself but im happy with the me today
Old 06-17-2011, 01:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Great news, kia!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go! Isn't it nice to finally step outside the insanity and realize that you don't have to be a part of that anymore?

Old 06-17-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so glad things have improved for you. I was lurking at SR when you finally left the ABF and were going through that scary hell. So glad you're happy now...as you deserve to be.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
kia

it feels really good when u feel u help someone else and i do think now looking back that it was something i had to go threw but am kinda glad its over now and i even went back to my first pilates class in ages yesterday so its all good.

One day at a time is now my motto and if i have a rubbish day then write it off and start my new day from that point xxxxkia
Old 06-18-2011, 02:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Kia)))

I was just this morning wondering how you are. saw an old thread with you in it, and thought "where is Kia?"
So glad to see that things have become more stable for you.
Thanks for the encouraging post, and happy to see you back.
hug
chicory
Old 06-18-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What I picked up from your post is that when we're in recovery we have HOPE. Things CAN change, we can grow. But unless maintain recovery today will be like every other day and I'll just stay on the treadmill of misery. Thanks so much for your wonderful post!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yea Kia!!

I definately see a shift in you. That is great!

Keep doin what you're doin.. it is working
Old 06-19-2011, 01:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
kia

yep u do have to keep working at it thats one thing ive learned cos i can easliy slip back into old habits but i know my heads so much clearer these days and no more washing machine stomach xxxkia