At my breaking point-Need help

Old 06-10-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. There are some pretty amazing Alanon meetings in Seattle I'd suggest will help you figure things out for yourself, including one on 45th in Laurelhurst just East of the University, one on Dexter just off Denny, and a ton of others. Seattle is Alanon nirvana.

Check it out: http://www.wa-al-anon.org

Take care,

Cyranoak
Old 06-10-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

maybe i should move to seattle... but i don't think i could take the rain
Old 06-11-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Saber, if you can get a copy of Courage to Change at your AlAnon meeting, read June 28 on relapse. I read that passage quite often. I see so much in what you are going through is the same as my experiences. Good for you that you found AlAnon, keep going back. As we say at the end of our meetings,"keep coming back, it works if you work it because you are worth it". My RAH is in his 2nd rehab stint, relapse is prevalent whether he is in rehab or not. My RAH quit "bare" without any help and it lasted only 4 months. It is a roller coaster only you know you want to ride. Take care of yourself first and foremost, I believe once your fog lifts, the answer re whether to stay or go will come naturally.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Saber - Welcome to the forum! Your story sounds a lot like mine... except that Christmas, he had a blackout and attacked me. I stayed for 2 and half more years.

Everyone is different; the one thing we have in common is that someone we love is an alcoholic. How we deal with it touches on everything from the way we were raised to our financial values. Take your time, write all you want - that's what the forum is about!

I finally came to terms for myself on the concept of 'actions speak louder than words'. So I left our home. Will my ABF get better? I dunno, I have no control over his decisions. Will I live a more value-centered, happier life? Yes, because I have control over that. (Though I seem to be a slow learner)

Keep going to meetings; it really helps to be around other people trying to find their own way.

- Sylvie
Old 06-11-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

How many meetings has he been to since he stopped drinking?