June 4 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Old 06-04-2011, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

IN Al-Anon we gradually come to realize the important influence that prayer has in our lives. The idea of prayer (how, why, when) calls for some reflection on our part.

If I were to pray: “MY will be done,” wouldn’t it be exactly what I am saying when I ask God to do what I want? If I were to receive what I pray for, would it satisfy me and make me really happy? Do I always know what is best for me?

Prayer, then, is not the act of giving directions to God, but to ask to learn His will.

TODAY’S REMINDER

It should not be so hard for us to accept the obvious fact that few of us know what we really want, and none of us knows what is best for us. That knowledge remains in the hands of God. This is the best reason for limiting our prayers to requests for guidance, for an open mind to receive it, and for courage and confidence to use it.

“I pray to be able to wait patiently for the knowledge of God’s will for me.”
Old 06-05-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting these daily reminders!!

:day6
Old 06-05-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Present

I'm glad you like them, JRG! It really gives to me, too, helps me stay on track with Al Anon. Can't miss any words when typing

I had a dream last night after typing up the one above for June 4. I was meditating on knowing HP's will for me, and now the parable dream to unfold:

It was a very vivid, realistic, detailed dream like I haven't had in a LONG time; that I was attending an event in a hotel where HP was incarnate and was speaking about how to handle our lives. It started with everyone tossing around a football, more like a foam football coated in some sort of shiny stuff, monotone (no white threads or white stripes)

HP was to the left of me and put the football down for me to pick up since when She (yes, She was a She in this particular dream) touched it, it had a "charge" to it due to Her Energy, and she put it down so I could pick it up without getting "zapped" but yet there was still a loving Charge on it from her, for me to receive!

Then I'd asked her helpers/crew if I could ask Her a question after the speech (which I didn't attend??) The dream went straight from the football to Her and her accompanying group of five women, getting ready to go back to their earthly abode a state away. So the women led me to a room in the hotel that had some folding tables still set up, and there were a few other people in the room. I had to look for Her, and I knew this was Her way of helping me learn how to find Her energy.

I went to sit across from her and realized I didn't remember my question. She got up and began playing with some toys that were off to the side of the table where we had been sitting. I realized I was supposed to watch Her and learn something, and that I might not get to ask my question, but was supposed to just observe the situation because there was something in it for me. She picked up a Star Wars light sabre, and when it opened up, Her earthly form became that of a red-headed little boy. S/He laid on the floor, kicking and screaming, "Steven! Steven!" I realized that the red-headed form was a child named Steven who had taken over Her form for a minute when the light sabre came on! And then She was standing again in Her adult female form. And then I couldn't find her again, and I realized our time together was over. The five women who accompanied her were heading out toward the exit door, and I realized it was truly over - they were leaving, and I thanked them for setting up the meeting for me to meet HP. I still didn't see HP and I realized that even though this was nothing like I expected or thought it would be, it was a gift to me, and I would have to think about what it was she was conveying to me.