SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   He gets out tomorrow.. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/227562-he-gets-out-tomorrow.html)

japabp2000 05-20-2011 06:35 PM

He gets out tomorrow..

Well, my AH got his medallion tonight and I go pick him up tomorrow at noon. I haven't been on here because I took a little "vacation" myself while he's been gone...I stayed with my grandma. I feel good..but I'm super nervous. He sounds like a completely different man on the phone. He says he feels wonderful..I hope he stays sober. Hope everyone's doing alright.

tjp613 05-20-2011 09:17 PM

Good luck tomorrow...and beyond. Let us know how it goes, ok?

m1k3 05-21-2011 04:01 AM

I agree, please let us know how it goes. I wish you the very best!

japabp2000 05-24-2011 09:21 PM

Well, it's been 3 days and it's been going well. I went along with him to his first AA meeting away from rehab. It was open of course and it was awesome. I cried, cried, cried..and cried some more. We haven't had the gas to attend any others..but he has been attending meetings over the phone each night since. He has been applying for jobs and is so ready to get on the work wagon. He says about the first couple weeks of rehab is a blur to him..he also has been dealing with ups and downs, I suppose that's normal. And he has become a coffee drinker..lots and lots of coffee. I will gladly take that..much rather it be coffee than alcohol or drugs. He also has the guilt he's dealing with but all in all he's doing well. I am so very very thankful for SA. You all are awesome! :)

Jeep08 05-25-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by japabp2000 (Post 2979279)
Well, it's been 3 days and it's been going well. I went along with him to his first AA meeting away from rehab. It was open of course and it was awesome. I cried, cried, cried..and cried some more. We haven't had the gas to attend any others..but he has been attending meetings over the phone each night since. He has been applying for jobs and is so ready to get on the work wagon. He says about the first couple weeks of rehab is a blur to him..he also has been dealing with ups and downs, I suppose that's normal. And he has become a coffee drinker..lots and lots of coffee. I will gladly take that..much rather it be coffee than alcohol or drugs. He also has the guilt he's dealing with but all in all he's doing well. I am so very very thankful for SA. You all are awesome! :)

Glad to hear its going well. My wife has been home with us for 2 1/2 weeks. Also going well, a few bumps in the road, but going well. Good luck.

stepsforward 05-25-2011 09:48 AM

I am happy for you. Please remember to take care of yourself too!!!!!!!

japabp2000 05-25-2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jeep08 (Post 2979695)
Glad to hear its going well. My wife has been home with us for 2 1/2 weeks. Also going well, a few bumps in the road, but going well. Good luck.

Hi Jeep, I'm glad to hear things are going well for you also. We are starting to hit a few bumps..not in regards to him wanting to use again (yet anyway *fingers crossed*) but just with him getting frustrated and trying to re-learn things again. Stay well!