SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Gotta roll with it... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/227513-gotta-roll.html)

GettingBy 05-20-2011 07:00 AM

Gotta roll with it...

Alrighty, what the good Lord giveth... he taketh away!!

Not the new car, fortunately!!! That's great... better than great... it's just a big old slice of heaven. The kids and I are over the moon in love with our new ride :-)

But my free weekend... gone in an instant. Boo. AH's grandparents are sick, have been for some time. MIL called the house last night, left a message for AH (he's notorious for ignoring her, and all family responsibilities - good to know it's not just me, right?!?!). Anyways, they are moving grandparents into nursing home tomorrow AM... AH HAS to be there. Ugh... so, he's staying in town now.

Sucks, because 1) I was looking forward to the peace and serenity of his absence, and so were the kids and 2) he had his mind set on a bender... which means, he's going to bend it this weekend one way or the other.

I told the kids that our plans will go on no matter what - dinner out and minature golf tonight, and drive-in movie tomorrow. I'm staying focused on me and preparing myself for serious detachment.

Say a prayer for me folks.

StarCat 05-20-2011 08:20 AM

:hug:
Good luck!
That stinks.
You can still have a great time, though, in spite of his presence.

Glad the car is doing great!

stella27 05-20-2011 09:31 AM

You and the kids could get a hotel room. One with an indoor pool and have yourselves a mini-vacay.

Tuffgirl 05-20-2011 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by stella27 (Post 2974782)
You and the kids could get a hotel room. One with an indoor pool and have yourselves a mini-vacay.

That is actually a fantastic idea, GB! At least have it tucked in your back pocket if things get bumpy (or bendy)

The kids would love it - I don't know why hotels are so fascinating to kids but even my teenagers like staying in hotels.

sillysquirrel 05-20-2011 09:56 AM

Sorry to hear that GettingBy. Be sure to stick to your plans with the kids of having a FUN weekend. Do NOT let him change your plans.

I agree with Stella. If you find it will be impossible to enjoy your weekend with him around, go to a hotel. I have done that with my kids and they absolutely love it. We like to go to the ones with a small waterpark. I find I can't keep my eyes on all 4 kids by myself in those huge waterparks.

Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

stepsforward 05-20-2011 09:56 AM

Enjoy your weekend with the kids!!!

GettingBy 05-20-2011 01:31 PM

We're definetely sticking to OUR plans... going to pick them up in a few minutes... off to dinner and then minature golfing!!

AH just sent a text, "You got kids right? I'm busy" which is "AH" for... "at the bar, getting my drink on... shouldn't be trusted with my own children, or a set of car keys, or a debit card to our checking account!!!"

:drive: