Trying to change

Old 05-18-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to change

Well my daughter needs a car to get back and forth to college in Sept. My husband applied for a loan at work and was denied due to credit history - past tickets never paid for. He said if he was declined he would go to his father for the money and now doesnt want to. I am not getting a loan to have over my head and he starts drinking again and I lose everything. When married to an A even if in recovery you always have to worry about the what ifs. Some days / most days it just sucks.
I can still get so angry and hate that. I say things I shouldnt and still strugle somedays with just letting it go and letting him handle
Old 05-18-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The lingering effects are hard to deal with. For me, being able to share in my AlAnon and NarAnon meetings and here on SR help to lessen to anger, pain, frustration.

What are your daughters other options? Ride share, public transporation, summer job to earn money towards a car??? It is sometimes hard to start thinking outside the box when I'm angry with the situation my son's addiction had caused.

Good luck.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are right to think outside the box was angry is so hard for me. I think I am going to let her father talk to her cause I am not going to look like the bad guy. I work very hard to try to give my kids a "normal life" and just a little sick a delivering the bad news to them.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Many normal kids don't bring cars to college. It's perfectly acceptable to get rides from friends or take the bus or the train.

In my case, i wanted a car. So I got a job and bought one with my own money.

There's so many options.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is does I am working on getting my financial situation in order that is why I dont want to add a loan to it. I am hoping to have everything in order within 6 months to a year. Which will be a great thing for me. My kids are 15 and 18 so not much longer to go with them financially too.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What I try to do now is step back and take a look at thinks before jumping into anything even arguing about a situation. Somedays are better then others.