MAY 16 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Old 05-16-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

In Al-Anon, we are encouraged to keep in touch with our fellow members between meetings. When I am depressed and apprehensive, it’s a great help to call my sponsor or another group friend to talk things over. But I want to be very clear on what I am looking for. Do I want comfort and a straightening out of my thinking?

Or do I expect advice on a serious personal crisis? I cannot saddle someone else with the responsibility of telling me what to do. No one can make my decisions for me. That is my responsibility, and if it seems too heavy for me, I will call on my Higher Power for guidance. I will meditate and pray, and keep my mind open for the answers.

Today’s Reminder

When I feel I must take a radical and irrevocable step, shouldn’t I make sure I am not motivated by resentment, hatred, anger? I will remind myself that, once having taken a radical step, there is no turning back. Should I not try again, with the help of God and Al-Anon, to improve my own capacity for dealing with my problems?

“Whatever faces me at this time, I know that God has given me the power to set my world in order.”