Having Fun

Old 05-17-2011, 10:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, it depends on the setting. I can relate to a degree--a lot depends on who I'm with.

In general, I find it difficult to let go. I'm an introvert and in a crowd of people I'm on edge--always on the outskirts of the people talking near-gibberish, laughing and goofing around. I'm not that person. I'm also not the person who calls getting drunk or high fun.

I will say that AH was the yin to my yang in the fun department.

But I have fun that maybe other people wouldn't call fun. I have fun walking the dog and throwing the frisbee to the dog. I have fun reading. I have fun going on spontaneous road trips with my kids (have done it a few times and it's always AWESOME fun). I have fun going to flea markets and craft shows in Vermont.

I know I WOULD have fun going to a dancing class... I'm dying to learn the Argenitine Tango (yes, I'm a faithful Dancing with the Stars watcher). I've been looking for a good dance class that would be kind to an almost-60 year old person.

And you guys brought up "enthusiasm"--what a GREAT word!! Fun and enthusiasm are not exactly interchangeable but related.

In any case--Thumper, I do relate to that, and I laughed at your niece's quote. I find it difficult to just let myself go in a group of people. I'm quiet and reserved, but I don't believe I'm a Debbie Downer set on destroying other people's fun. I just want a piece of it.