Trial

Old 05-12-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Glad you got out last night! Glad you documented!

Please be ready to call the police again, if he threatens you at all!!

Keep documenting!! There will be more, he obviously is not under control.

Sorry court didn't go as planned. But it was phase one of documenting his behavior.

Keep working on you!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I recorded a good part of his rant last night and he knew I was and he could not stop himself.

It's sad to see something throwing their life away and not be able to do a damn thing about it.

It's like watching a train wreck.

He's about 5 steps away from being ready to go on the road with Charlie Sheen. Was even spouting about how cult-like AA is and mocking the language of AA (that a day ago he was using and seemingly believing).

I'm just continuing to plan for me and the girls and figure out what I want to do with my life.

I am leaving momentarily for an interview for a job near the seacoast and would love to live near the ocean so I'm going to give it my all and we'll see...
Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

So sorry you are going through this. I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful prosecutor on the case who never involved me in the courtroom, but kept in very close contact with me and what I wanted. My "R"AH has nothing on his record, either. But, he did have to go to outpatient treatment, anger management, and AA meetings along with absolutely no drinking.

Good luck with your interview. It sounds like an exciting time for you!! How wonderful to be near the ocean if it works out. I, too, am starting to get excited at the thought of all of the things this world has to offer me and my kids if I would just open myself up to it. Very small baby steps for me, but I am getting there!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Keeping my fingers and toes and legs (yes, I'm going all out here!) crossed for you with that interview!!!

And this back and forth with courts and stuff is an infuriatingly long and tedious process. I often think I must have mistakenly prayed for patience at some point, and this is just my HP's way of answering my prayers -- by giving me situations where I'm forced to develop it...

Good for you for moving forward. We're here with our pompoms, cheering you on!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Glad you did not have to testify!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Glad you didn't have to testify, but I'm disgusted by the "plea".
Old 05-12-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like he got a deferred entry of judgement. At least that's what it's called in CA, and it's quite common in first offense cases. What it means is that IF he can manage to stay out of trouble for six months AND complete the conditions agreed to, the charges will be dropped.

Sounds like a sweet deal to most people. What I have seen time and time again, is that for someone who made a mistake, truly regrets it, and desires to do better, it is a sweet deal. For someone who can't even stay sober and civil the night before he goes to court, chances are pretty slim he's going to stay out of trouble for six months. Especially since he probably thinks he got off scott free so he can resume doing whatever he wants. And when he re-offends, the original charges will be re-instated along with whatever new charges he manages to get. At that point, not such a sweet deal after all.

Anyway, none of this has to do with you and your new life. I hope you get the job and don't spend one more minute concerning yourself with his legal troubles. He will get justice eventually.

L
Old 05-12-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Oh, and just to clarify, where I live anything he gets in trouble for will void the deal, not just getting another DV charge. He could get a DUI and that would re-open this case...

L
Old 05-12-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sounds like a sweet deal to most people. What I have seen time and time again, is that for someone who made a mistake, truly regrets it, and desires to do better, it is a sweet deal. For someone who can't even stay sober and civil the night before he goes to court, chances are pretty slim he's going to stay out of trouble for six months.
Oh this, definitely ^^^^^^

He's about 5 steps away from being ready to go on the road with Charlie Sheen.
Okay, I admit I found this hilarious, but sorry for the rant.
Keep documenting.

Beth