Feeling strong... And surrounded by my HP!

Old 05-03-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling strong... And surrounded by my HP!

The past two days have truly been a gift for me. I've been on the road, out of town working on the start up of a wastewater treatment system I designed. Yesterday was a rough day... Lots of stuff went wrong, but I maintained a calm attitude and trudged on. The contractor said at the end of the day, "I'm so impressed... You didn't flinch once!" my response was..."on the outside!!! You didn't see my stomach flipping and flopping!!"

But as bad as things went, I drove home and kept telling myself... It's okay. Things will be better tomorrow, and let's learn from the bumps and bruises and move on!

And so today, I got there bright and early with a renewed spirit and a clear mind... And took charge! I wanted the NYC DEP (the owners!!) to have faith in me, which meant I had to show confidence... Lots of it!! And that's just what I did! And things went absolutely perfect! I couldn't believe how well everything ran... There were smiles on EVERYONE'S faces!

And so at the end of the day, I was sitting at my laptop typing up my notes when one of the inspectors came up to talk. I have no clue how we got on the subject, but somehow we ended up talking about divorce... And the next thing I know... He was telling me about his ex-wife, and his battle with her drinking! And then we spent the next 25 minutes talking about Al-anon!! He's been in the program for 18 years! Boy did I feel like a newbie!!

That's at least the second time that's happened to me at work in the past few months! HP at work? I think so!

Hearing his ESH was so perfect for me. Even after all his years in the program, I could see the pain the loss of his marriage gave him... But yet, his program was so strong. I saw a truly special side of him... One that I would have never seen while talking pumps, level transmitters and valves!!!

Anyways... Thanks for letting me share.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

GettingBy,
Thank you so much for sharing that.
It's amazing how HP works sometimes, isn't it?
Just when we start to wonder if we're doing the right thing, someone comes along to emphasize that yes, yes we are.
Thank you so much for sharing.

And congratulations on your waste water treatment plant success! You deserve it. And that's great that you kept your cool!

P.S. One of these days, you're going to have to change your username.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StarCat View Post
P.S. One of these days, you're going to have to change your username.
I know!!! For real... I'm so done with GETTINGBY!!! I am so in love with standing up for me, and taking my life back... making decisions that honor me!

My self-esteem is doing so much better since I decided I deserved better. I still have days that I'm sad about the loss of my marriage - but I haven't really had any overwhelming feelings of wanting to stop the divorce.

So, I would change my name... but I don't know how! And I really don't want to create a new profile because I like the fact that I have my "history" of posts for me to reflect on.

Is there any way to modify a profile name on an existing account?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I think you have to PM a moderator, but they can change it for you, I believe.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes it's like we're in a secret club or something, and when someone says the right password, then boom, it's like a secret handshake has opened the doors. Just confirms what we have finally learned on here... that we are not alone, and others have been through what we have. I think the only better feeling is when we meet someone who hasn't known the program yet, and we get to share what it has done for us, and they see a light at the end of their tunnel.

Do glad things are going well for you, you definitely deserve all of it!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What kitty said! Yes! I am having this experience - sheesh we are surrounded by others who have had similar experiences. Its amazing how when the "secret word" is acknowledged, out comes the stories from the most unusual of sources. But, I also think there is a power greater than me who puts me in situation to interact with people like you did today. I don't believe in coincidences anymore. It;s just not random enough.

GB, you sound good today - happy! Yay!

Last edited by Tuffgirl; 05-03-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: damn typo
Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love your posts. They are so real. Some days rough, some days great. You are doing so much growing and I love that you post the good stuff, too.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittykitty View Post
Sometimes it's like we're in a secret club or something, and when someone says the right password, then boom, it's like a secret handshake has opened the doors.
That's exactly how it feels!!! It's like this little secret that I have inside of me... that I don't talk about but shows in my actions and how I carry myself as a person. And I think it's the way I am as a person that attracts me to other like minded people... and *bam* guards are let down and the truth is revealed!!

I'm so amazed at how many people I talk to are truly educated on alcoholism and are either aware of or have been involved/are involved in Al-anon. It helps me stick to working my program... inspite of all my AH's rants that I don't need it.

I really truly want to be a better person, and I now realize that being involved with my AH was holding me back. And that's not to say he's a bad person, it's just that together - we are a bad combination.

I'm off to meet with a new attorney today! Wish me luck!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

GettingBy, I love reading your posts!

Thank you for bringing your positivity to this board.