Sunny Day

Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sunny Day

I am really sorry to hear of so many people on the forum today that are in such deep pain. I know how conflicting, confusing and painfull it is to have a loved one drinking. I was in a very dark space only 5-7 weeks ago. My wife was drinking again, lying about it. I was done with it and feeling very lost.

I wanted to share my day with all of you for a brighter note. For those that do not know my storey. My wife is an alcoholic that entered a residential treatment facility 5 weeks ago after I asked her to leave. I have been at home with our three kids for the last five weeks. We went up and spent a wonderful day with her today. We talked lots and openly about her treatment, about finances (how to pay the treatment bill) and about the kids. It is so good to hear her share some of the real guts of her treatment and what she has learned about her illness and about herself. I shared some of what i was learning and feeling. I still have lots to learn

We still have lots of issues to work on in our marriage but for the first time in years I feel I am getting the strait storey. Its so good to talk to the real her. I don’t know if it will last but hearing how hard she has worked the program for the last five weeks makes me very proud. We have great potential to work on stuff together if we can continue to communicate the way we did today. Both of us need to continue taking steps forward. Today was a really good sunny day.

My wife is often on this forum. Not everything I have said in the last few weeks has been positive. I am sure we will also have some bumps in our future but I am very proud of her and her hard work for the last five weeks. I am looking forward to her coming home on Friday.

I wish everyone a sunny day tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to hear, Jeep. The good news is there are several people on this board who've fought the good fight and they're winning. I hope the same for you and your family.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This was beautiful, thanks for sharing!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for that. Wish the best for you.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear things are going well.

Don't know if you saw but I did post to one of your previous threads that I went to an al-anon meeting where someone brought a child about the same age as your youngest..

Anyway, I know what you mean about the difference btwn night and day, when someone gets sober. My exabf's best drinking buddy got sober almost a year ago. He is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON. I remember when he was drinking heavily, every day in fact, but there'd be brief brief moments of sobriety where I could see what a charming, smart person he was.

NOw he is that person all the time! Of course, it's not totally easy for him..he relapsed once. But he continues to work his program and is doing well.

It's so encouraging to hear of people turning their lives around. Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Jeep08 View Post
I am really sorry to hear of so many people on the forum today that are in such deep pain. I know how conflicting, confusing and painfull it is to have a loved one drinking. I was in a very dark space only 5-7 weeks ago. My wife was drinking again, lying about it. I was done with it and feeling very lost.

I wanted to share my day with all of you for a brighter note. For those that do not know my storey. My wife is an alcoholic that entered a residential treatment facility 5 weeks ago after I asked her to leave. I have been at home with our three kids for the last five weeks. We went up and spent a wonderful day with her today. We talked lots and openly about her treatment, about finances (how to pay the treatment bill) and about the kids. It is so good to hear her share some of the real guts of her treatment and what she has learned about her illness and about herself. I shared some of what i was learning and feeling. I still have lots to learn

We still have lots of issues to work on in our marriage but for the first time in years I feel I am getting the strait storey. Its so good to talk to the real her. I don’t know if it will last but hearing how hard she has worked the program for the last five weeks makes me very proud. We have great potential to work on stuff together if we can continue to communicate the way we did today. Both of us need to continue taking steps forward. Today was a really good sunny day.

My wife is often on this forum. Not everything I have said in the last few weeks has been positive. I am sure we will also have some bumps in our future but I am very proud of her and her hard work for the last five weeks. I am looking forward to her coming home on Friday.

I wish everyone a sunny day tomorrow.