My road trip of discovery

Old 04-30-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My road trip of discovery

So far my trip has been great! I stopped in Tennessee and visited with friends, went fishing at a beautiful lake, and enjoyed great weather. Headed out to Missouri, and it rained the entire drive, alot of roads were closed due to flooding, but I eventually made it, and have a lovely set up here at my girlfriend's house. Cozy bedroom, lots of room for all the pets, and a great place to walk my dog and meditate.

I'm working here for three weeks, helping out at a kitchen my girlfriend runs, and my first couple of days were very hard. Her set up here is very similar to the work my ex did, so just walking onto the campus, and into the kitchen reminds me of him so much. The first two days were very hard for me, even the town we are in looks similar to the one I left him in. It doesn't help that he has emailed and called numerous times in the past week, it's hard to ignore those when i'm already feeling down, but i've done okay so far. Each day gets better, and I'm having fun in the kitchen now, no real responsibility, no stress, just show up and do what they need me to do!

Best part so far is the Alanon meeting schedule up here, they have meetings twice a day every day! I am looking forward to going to as many as I can, since I have no other social responsibilities up here, nothing else to really do. The people all seem really nice, and are very welcoming. I'm so happy I will be up here for the next month, I hope it will be chocked full of recovery!

I am hoping that by sharing this, i can also share some of the serenity, happiness, and peace I am feeling now... maybe it will leak through the keyboard....
Old 05-01-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Thank you for popping in and sharing. I'm glad you're doing well.
It's great to meet up with friends, isn't it? I have been trying to reconnect, myself, with people I lost touch with when I was dating XABF.

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip. It sounds amazing already.