A strange new calm

Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A strange new calm

I guess my head and my heart finally decided to get together and agree.
After I don't know how long -- at least since 2006 -- trying to believe the three Cs, they're rooted in me.

I feel detached completely from AXH.
I feel no responsibility for his actions.
I know both in my head and in my heart that I have a right and an obligation to protect myself and my children from abusive alcoholics whether they are homeless and living in the woods behind my house or a fancy schmanzy guy in a suit that I used to be married to.

It's the weirdest sense of freedom.
I have no illusions that I won't have setbacks.

But for today, for right now? I'm glowing with the sense of having come out of the tunnel.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I know both in my head and in my heart that I have a right and an obligation to protect myself and my children from abusive alcoholics whether they are homeless and living in the woods behind my house or a fancy schmanzy guy in a suit that I used to be married to.
Yeah, I got one of those too!!!

I'm right there with you today!!! It feels so good to have both feet on the ground, firmly planted in reality. Head and heart in line with each other.

It's these snapshots of clarity that I long for. I work my program harder and harder so that I have more and more of these moments... and making them last longer and longer. Working my way to the more peaceful and serene life that I want and deserve!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I guess my head and my heart finally decided to get together and agree.
After I don't know how long -- at least since 2006 -- trying to believe the three Cs, they're rooted in me.

I feel detached completely from AXH.
I feel no responsibility for his actions.

It's the weirdest sense of freedom.
I have no illusions that I won't have setbacks.

But for today, for right now? I'm glowing with the sense of having come out of the tunnel.

I have felt moments of this lately-- it's not static and permanent but it is better than it's been and if feeling it just a bit feels as good as it has I can't wait til I get further down this road to where you are. I am really happy for you and clearly it took tons of hard work, heartache and committment to get there. You deserve it. And it's great that you are aware and okay with the fact that there will be setbacks or as I called mine last week, relapses... But if you pick up and take what you've learned and keep moving fwd, then it's all good. Enjoy your day and the great feeling you have!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For me, it is a sense of calm, of peace,of detachment - after three years misplaced hope,of believing (and being lied to) and trusting (and having that trust crushed), I can let the EX live his life sober or drinking and work to rebuild mine.

It's been a month since I let him go and while there are days (and I'm sure lots to come) of sadness and regret, the relief, the serenity, not living with a perpetual knot in my stomach, headache, walking on eggshells, it's just.....calm. that's the only I can describe it.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

snapshots of clarity
Yeah. That. That's exactly what it feels like.
Like I'm almost *gasp* normal for a moment.
Thank you for that phrase!

Old 04-28-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

beauty!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

:ghug3