SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT - pics from the trip (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/225679-ot-pics-trip.html)

LaTeeDa 04-26-2011 06:16 PM

OT - pics from the trip

1 Attachment(s)
So, we returned on Saturday from a blissful six days, three in the redwoods and three at the beach. More practice honing my RV expertise, and my photography skills in anticipation of retirement, which cannot get here soon enough, lol! I emailed my sister and told her I think I found zen. She said I hope you brought it home with you. ;)

Here is the Redwood Highway.

LaTeeDa 04-26-2011 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another redwood shot.

LaTeeDa 04-26-2011 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tidepools at the coast.

LaTeeDa 04-26-2011 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And a rare sunset. (The area where we were is usually at least overcast, if not totally fogged in)

Impurrfect 04-26-2011 06:26 PM

(((LTD))) - those are beautiful! Glad you had a good time. I remember going to the Redwood Forest when I was little, and was amazed at trees so big they had a roadway through them!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

LaTeeDa 04-26-2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by anvilhead (Post 2949029)
pacific coast kicks @ss does it not?? :)

I do love the coast. That's where zen is, lol. And even though I love California and live there, the Oregon coast is my preferred place to visit. So beautiful, and the wildlife is amazing. (The above shots are near Brookings, OR. Except the redwoods, of course, which are near Crescent City, CA)

L

Buffalo66 04-26-2011 07:08 PM

just gorgeous! ive been there a few times, and it is so fresh and real, and its easy to get lost in wanting to stay.
'
thanks for sharing the pics

lillamy 04-26-2011 07:43 PM

Those pictures have so much zen I think some of it rubbed off on me (and that's saying something right now... :D).

Looks amazingly restful. And I agree with your sister -- I hope you brought it home with you.

MayaandMe 04-26-2011 07:47 PM

I am also a native Oregonian...my favorite place in the world is that area driving through the redwoods heading to the coast...

Thanks!

LaTeeDa 04-26-2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by cynical one (Post 2949074)
Great pics, you have a good eye.

Thank you for the compliment. It means a lot to me.

When I discovered, two years ago, that I had a passion for photography, I did not have such a good eye. Oh, I knew what I liked, but to translate that into a photo was not so easy for me. I was not one of those who was born with "vision." So, I set about learning. I studied composition, lighting, exposure and even paintings. I joined some photography forums. I emailed photographers whose work I admired. I examined photos and paintings, and paid attention to the things that caught my eye.

It has been so gratifying. I was not born with some inexplicable, innate talent for "seeing." But, through lots of studying and learning, I have learned not only how to capture a scene, but how to look at the world in a whole new way. It's difficult to even explain how profound this revelation has been for me. This is definitely part of my recovery. And I know beyond a doubt, that even if no one ever appreciates the photographs I create, I will still do it anyway.

L

StarCat 04-26-2011 08:02 PM

As long as you appreciate the pictures you take, everyone else who likes them is just a bonus.

That said, I believe they are gorgeous, and I love them. <3
They feel... peaceful, to me. Relaxing.
Beautiful.

greeteachday 04-26-2011 08:11 PM

They are all incredible, but I keep going back to the first shot...Your studies have gone well...I can't even put words to the feeling that picture inspires. Thank you for sharing them here.

And I know beyond a doubt, that even if no one ever appreciates the photographs I create, I will still do it anyway.
That's very powerful and I think in and of itself speaks volumes about your recovery.

LaTeeDa 04-26-2011 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took over 1000 photos in six days. I could bore you guys for weeks. But I'll refrain. :)

Here is one more of a stellar's jay.

Tuffgirl 04-26-2011 08:20 PM

LOVE the photos and yes, you have a good eye for scenery...these could be professional...on a picture or postcard or something...

Thanks for sharing!

LaTeeDa 04-26-2011 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl (Post 2949172)
LOVE the photos and yes, you have a good eye for scenery...these could be professional...on a picture or postcard or something...

Thanks for sharing!

My goal is actually to become professional in some way, at least enough to supplement my pension. I should post it on the goal thread!

L

theuncertainty 04-26-2011 09:59 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your photos! They're breath-taking. I'm glad you had a good trip.

pixilation 04-26-2011 10:01 PM

The pictures are breathtaking! I've never been to the coast, heck I've never seen the ocean other than the Gulf of mexico when I lived in Lousiana.