OT - pics from the trip

Old 04-27-2011, 07:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
It has been so gratifying......through lots of studying and learning, I have learned not only how to capture a scene, but how to look at the world in a whole new way. It's difficult to even explain how profound this revelation has been for me.
Oh, double meaning here methinks!

Agreed.

Beautiful.

(both meanings)

The pics are FAB as well.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Thank you for sharing. Your pics are SO not boring! Visiting this area, especially the Redwood forest, is on my Bucket List.

P.S. Your first pic makes it seem like the trees are spiraling upward, toward heaven. Very cool.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
P.S. Your first pic makes it seem like the trees are spiraling upward, toward heaven. Very cool.
I agree - like that one the best...it just speaks to me somehow. When I travel to the southeast part of my state, closer to Washington, and get to stand under the huge trees, I feel the same way as I do when I look at picture #1. Small and insignificant, which is actually a good way to put ones troubles into perspective!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
I agree - like that one the best...it just speaks to me somehow. When I travel to the southeast part of my state, closer to Washington, and get to stand under the huge trees, I feel the same way as I do when I look at picture #1. Small and insignificant, which is actually a good way to put ones troubles into perspective!
Yes! I get that. In fact, as we were hiking through the forest, I said to my kids "I feel so small..." It really does put everything in perspective. (The Mighty Pacific has the same effect.)

L
Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

WOW! Breath Taking...

I love to take pictures too.

Relaxes my mind & takes me away (like a Calgon moment)

My favorite is taking pictures for low income kids for their high school senior pictures
and low income families who cant afford to have them taken.

Im far from a pro, but when someone can shed of tear of happiness over a picture
that I have taken for them, it does my soul good...

Keep sharing, there are so many words in every picture...
Old 04-27-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

LOL at the pic of the stellar jay!

I almost ran off the road the first one i saw -

it was the size of a CHICKEN!!!

I love those birds
Old 04-27-2011, 02:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Wonderful pics!!
I love how these activities take you to the present moment!

I am painting again. In fact I can't stop painting. Last Saturday I painted a bag, jewelry boxes, my nails, many papers and two canvases and continued two older paintings, and even got a request from an American coworker to send him something.

Hours can go by... and when I finish its like "oh..great.. wonderful.. WHAT'S NEXT??" which is VERY therapeutic to me, someone who has lived in the past most of her life.

Thanks for motivating me to do my thing also. Now I would like to hand paint clothing. Even design clothing. I got no idea of where to start, but THAT is the fun thing!! the process...

I dream of show my "art" during weekends... just showing things I have done would mean too much for me... if someone likes something and even buys it it will be great but its not my main goal .

So its like I become Dettached, Free, & Recovered while painting Great way to tend to our playful Inner Child, and nurture our soul.

We need more pictures
Old 04-27-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Here is one more of a stellar's jay.
Oh, this is one thing I actually miss about the place I rented with XAH. One year, we had a family of stellars living nearby that we'd leave peanuts out for in a bird feeder. One summer, we'd leave the front door open to catch a breeze and they'd just fly on in and help themselves to the bag or bring peanuts back in and hide them above the cupboards.

Luckily, other than hiding nuts, they were very conscientious guests and never made a mess.

Thanks again for the photos, La.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I'd never seen or heard of one when I moved here
and they ARE about the size of a pileated woodpecker
(which THEY don't have out here)

then there's this EXPLOSION of brilliant BLUE when they take off!

flipped me RIGHT out.
what the %$)(*&$# was THAT????
lol
amazing birds.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Beautiful! Love those areas of Cali. Looks like Morro Bay in the beach pics.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

For Jazz--the "zenmobile."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
RV.jpg (32.1 KB, 42 views)
Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

The stellar's jay was actually a consolation prize. I had an osprey nest staked out and was waiting (and waiting and waiting) to get a picture of one. Then I heard a noise behind me and there were two jays willing to pose for the camera. So, I took what I could get.

L
Old 04-27-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I did eventually get the osprey, though.
Attached Images
osprey.jpg (85.4 KB, 39 views)
Old 04-28-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I did eventually get the osprey, though.
Gorgeous.
I love those birds.
And that's a really awesome picture! I never realized how large a wingspan they had, really.

Thank you!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
gns

So gorgeous LaTeeda!! You are so inspiring!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
you have quite the eye, missy. back when we lived on the beach at redondo i decided i wanted a real camera. i have taken a zillion pictures and every great once in awhile i luck out and snap a halfazzed decent shot....but that's kind of like Shaq at the free throw line.......most DON'T go in! your pictures are gorgeous, your ability innate, your gift awe-inspiring!
You know, this whole thing began with that "real camera" idea, lol. I had a decent point and shoot, it was about 5 or 6 years old. I kept telling myself when it dies, I will get a DSLR. Then, one day, I'm looking at them online and say to myself what the hell, and click the "add to cart" button. Then the "checkout" button. And my point and shoot was still working fine.

So the thing arrives about a week later, and all of a sudden I realized, I don't know how the hell to use it. What in the world is an f-stop anyway? So, I put it on "auto" and went out clicking away. But, most of my photos sucked. So, here I am with a nice, new, expensive, "real" camera, and I still can't take a decent shot.

That's when I decided I must learn how to actually use it, lol. So now I've upgraded from my original entry-level DSLR, spent umpteen hundreds on lenses, and I sell enough photos to make about $20-$30 a month.

But I found my passion. It was a long time coming, but I'm so glad I found it. And the bonus is, my son likes to go along on photo shoots (as long as I don't point the thing AT him, lol). So, when I'm sitting there waiting for an osprey to fly over, or the sun to go down, we get lots of time for long conversations. It's a beautiful thing--all of it.

L
Old 04-28-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Well, I would have gone sneakin' out there, trying to get a better angle, and probably would have scared the damn thing away, lol.

Here's one I got a couple months ago. But, I had to drive 70 miles to the wildlife refuge, there are none of these in my backyard. And it was freaking cold--about 16 degrees and windy. I was lucky enough to discover a nest, though.

L
Attached Images
_DSC1921.jpg (49.2 KB, 27 views)
Old 04-28-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Ah man. I'm sooooo envious, though. THEY come to YOU! I have to go searching.......

L
Old 04-28-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks for the awesome photos to look at tonight - you both are very good! I drink way too much coffee most days and my photos tend to be a bit shaky!

Old 04-28-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Anvil, are you mooning me? LOL

Nice shot.

L